Export Compliance Analyst
Launch innovations in nearly every commercial and defense aircraft platform
Why you would want this role?
Honeywell Aerospace is a leading provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military space and airport operations. The Aerospace Yeovil site includes Integrated Supply Chain operations and Engineering & Technology as well as other support functions. It specializes in several product lines including: environmental control systems, life support systems, hydraulics systems, and control and data systems.
What are we looking for?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced export compliance analyst to join our team on site at Yeovil. The successful individual will be responsible for maintaining 100% compliance with U.S. and U.K. export control regulations and UK customs regulations on all Yeovil export shipments. The successful individual will also manage the preparation and control of license documentation process and applications, maintain compliance for UK & commercial orders subject to ITAR regulations.
What will you be doing every day?
- Create and submit applications to DIT for military exports via line application process (SPIRE System).
- Monitor and apply correct U.S and UK export licencing for military and dual use exports in SAP GTS.
- Action and resolve any issues concerning the export of export license controlled goods and technology.
- Provide onsite support for GTS/Legal control holds or queries relating to the systems.
- Maintain Shipment records for HMRC, UK DIT and other regulatory purposes.
- Prepare and maintain records required for periodic government audits to ensure future availability of flexible UK OGEL and OIEL
- Determine and allocate item commodity code classifications into GTS / SAP, ensure these classifications print correctly on all shipping documentation
- Ensure a high standard of vigilance for the apportioning and accuracy of outgoing documentation is maintained
- Action SAP GTS reports detailing shipments blocked for U.S and U.K export control reasons.
- Run regular newly loaded order reports from SAP/RADAR to compile reminder emails for use by CSR team
- Create U.S and U.K export licence entries into GTS, then use these licenses to clear GTS/Legal Control blocks from MUST GO items to individual requests from different areas of the business.
- Provide updates on site level export compliance performance (metrics and KPIs) for specific Product Centre location to EMEAI Export Compliance org & Site Leadership.
- Develop best practices for the Product Centre - weekly.
- Provide export compliance documentation to EMEAI Export Compliance org & Site Leadership - daily / weekly.
- Manage end user licence documentation process and gather relevant data from PMs / CSRs / Buyers for onward transmission to HMRC for licence applications - daily.
- Drive export compliance documentation and licence applications to HMRC - daily.
- Provide on-site support and manage Export Compliance audit process for annual Government audit, to include ongoing communications throughout the year - monthly / annual.
Support weekly conference calls to customers to provide status on order books
50 Identifies risk factors
50 Regulate Export Compliance
What skills and requirements do you need?
- You must have previous export compliance experience
- You must have worked with controlled products, ideally within a manufacturing/tech/IT domain
- You must have advanced SAP experience
- GTS experience within SAP would be highly advantageous
- You need excellent attention to detail
- You will need to be assertive
- Previous aerospace experience or knowledge is desired but not essential
- DIT export control training would be advantageous
- Previous experience of US controls would be highly advantageous
Exempt Celebrating 100 Years In Aviation
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD35950
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: Building 197, Bunford Lane, Yeovil, Yeovil, SOMER BA20 2YD GBR
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.