Industrial Maintenance Engineer.II - Central Region
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Position will require theField Service Engineerto be involved with installation and maintenance of new and old material handling and sortation equipment, emergency service calls, and overall general customer support for all Intelligrated and Legacy made equipment, including sortation, AS/RS shuttle systems, robotic application, palletizers, cranes, and multiple types of conveying equipment.Field Service Engineerwill also gather data utilizing specific reports and Intelligrated procedures, and supply various forms and custom reports to the customer to assist in sales of parts and service contracts. As necessary,Field Service Engineerwill assist with the field training of new employees and may receive in-houseassignments covering technical support, training, or documentation.
- Make travel arrangements daily or weekly basis.
- Be capable of traveling at a moment notice weekday or weekend.
- Carry mechanical and electrical tools from job to job, including laptop and tool case.
- Discuss objectives with the customer when on-site.
- Develop or follow a schedule for completion of objectives while on-site.
- Perform or assist with mechanical and electrical installation or modification to Intelligrated and Legacy equipment.
- Troubleshoot and debug all issues including mechanical, electrical, or programming using the provided drawings, direction or write sections of the PLC program.
- Modify, adjust, or develop robotic application code.
- Mark-up drawings (Red Line) with any updates or changes as required.
- Communicate issues, successes, and delays with the Customer, project manager, team members and regional management daily.This may include but not exclusive to Electronic Issue Reports.
- Participate in a closeout meeting with the Office and the Customer at completion of each assignment.
- Write a detailed daily / weekly report for each job location and send to the office.
- Complete a weekly electronic expense report and send in the receipts to the office.
- Send all copies of programs, redline drawings, and weekly reports to the office for proper archival at completion of job.
Train and support CST’s on the equipment operation and PLC controls where required or necessary.
20 Performs mechanical and electrical installation or modification to Intelligrated & Legacy equipment
40 New equipment commissioning and integration - Troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, and PLC issues
20 Modify, adjust, or develop robotic and PLC application code
10 Complete various weekly reports
10 Train and support resident technicians
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and 0-2 year of field experience in material handling or an Associate’s Degree in Engineering and 2+ years of field experience in material handling. (Level 2 requires BS w/ 2 yrs or AS w/ 4 yrs or MS w/ 1yr. experience) No degree - will be considered with 10+ years material handling experience.
- Must have excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must have good organizational and time management skills.
- Must have PLC programming and diagnostic proficiency with one type of PLC.
- Must be proficient with MS Office products and Operating Systems (i.e. Windows XP).
- Must have a strong mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical aptitude and experience.
- Ability to travel over 85% of the year.
- Working experience with electrical wiring and reading of schematics.
- Prior Customer Service Experience is desirable
- Ability to work independently (self-starter) and with teams.
Nonexempt Discover Honeywell Intelligrated
- Extensive Travel Required
- Relocation Provided
- Job ID: HRD28581
- Category: Customer/Product Support
- Location: 10045 International Blvd, West Chester, OH 45246 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.