Innovate high-purity, high-performance chemicals and materials
Honeywell Healthcare and Packaging (HC&P) produces a range of fluoropolymer based films used to function and protect food, healthcare and industrial products. In addition, HC&P produces high-purity solvents & reagents, sterilizing agents, and metered-dose inhalants used in medical, pharmaceutical, and research. The Packaging & Composites Business Team is responsible for growing pharmaceutical- and medical applications for Honeywell. Honeywell's Aclar® film products are widely used today in pharmaceutical push-through packaging (blister packs).
Honeywell is driving growth of Aclar® in the pharmaceutical industry globally. The position will be part of the Technical Sales & Service Team. This is a customer facing role and the Technical Specialist will be responsible for providing technical-marketing support to customers for new product introductions, sales pipelines, training and development expertise in support of Aclar® films, fluoropolymer based films and resin to converters, contract packagers, Pharmaceutical end users, molders and machinery manufacturers. In addition, the position will collaborate with the Honeywell Advanced Materials Discovery, Applications Development, Sales, Marketing and Operations teams to facilitate implementation of Honeywell's marketing initiatives, customer- and product support and new product introductions. The role will also have shared account development responsibility for segments within the pharmaceutical market.
The successful candidate will facilitate the execution of the P&C business strategy in the CEE/CIS and EMEA region and ensure that Aclar® and related products deliver on its excellent value proposition relative to competitive products. Working with a variety of cross-functional teams, this position will play a pivotal role in shaping technical sales, services, and initiatives in the region. This position will be based out of a home office in Poland - Warsaw, Lodz or Cracow.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Customer facing role which will provide technical-marketing support / plastics development support to pharmaceutical and other CPG segments. Packaging development and operations teams support for fluoropolymer resins and Aclar® films. Professional experience in thermoforming, packaging machinery, packaging materials and manufacturing applications.
- Provide technical support (thermoforming) to Pharma end user companies, CDMO’s, OEM of packaging machinery, tooling, converter-partner and molders to ensure that optimum performance is achieved from Aclar® laminates, resins and related products.
- Assist Market Development Manager(s) during account development by providing technical leadership, education and training to raise awareness and drive adoption of Aclar® applications and fluoropolymer films and resins for pharmaceutical and CPG needs.
- Support customer development through the deployment of the technical tools and services provided by Honeywell. Collaborate with end users to facilitate the following processes: package concept development, material selection, package characterization, tooling/equipment design and commercialization.
- Participate on cross functional teams to develop new products which will allow Honeywell to further expand its presence in new market spaces as well as new application development for fluoropolymer applications.
- Guide the material characterization selection process through the use of HC& P Services, Material Testing, Barrier Prediction, Design Verification and Weight Change Analysis. Deploy analytical testing skills to oversee internal testing and guide customer testing requirements and data generation.
- Apply business knowledge to drive Honeywell marketing initiatives to provide training on Total Cost and Value calculators to facilitate overall cost savings in support of increased Aclar® and resin adoption rates.
- Develop an in depth understanding of customer needs and apply Best Practices Training to facilitate actionable plans for machinery and tooling development.
- Function as Subject Matter Expert (SME) and represent Honeywell P&C at industry trade shows, technical seminars, luncheons, workshops, etc. and travel as needed to provide educational and technical support for customer meetings, line trials, stability trials, FAT/SAT, validation, commercial start ups and trouble shooting.
- Proactively communicate project status / customer developments in a timely manner; facilitate TEAM work among other technology experts, access and utilize global technical knowledge base.
Routinely contact machinery manufacturers (OEM), tool makers and converters to obtain input regarding business opportunities and key issues.
25 Packaging development
25 Technical Support& Leadership
The successful candidate will :
- Have minimum of 3 years direct technical experience in packaging development of thermoformed multi-layer laminate barrier applications, molding technologies as well as knowledge of the regulatory process for Pharmaceuticals and CDG.
Be an effective communicator with the ability to establish trust and credibility quickly at both a managerial and a shop floor level.
NICE TO HAVE
5 years direct technical experience in packaging development of thermoformed multi-layer laminate barrier applications, molding technol
- Experience in a customer facing role involving interaction with external stakeholders is strongly
- Experience designing, developing and managing testing methodologies and plans to support shelf life experiments, barrier analysis and permeation characteristics of multiple packaging formats used to contain solid oral dose, oral and topical liquids, topical ointments and powders, sterile and other related formats.
- Knowledge of stability testing, Assays, Barrier Testing (MVTR / OTR) and other related barrier and package test methods is essential.
- Hands-on development experience with multiple materials and molding processes combined with demonstrated trouble shooting skills with proven ability to diagnose customer needs/pain points and apply "problem solving” skills to identify root cause and corrective action plans
- A knowledge portfolio reflecting systematic design thinking and distillation of ambiguous criteria into real world solutions, ability to create working 3D animations to demonstrate functional component performance and other technical simulations for customer presentations and internal training tools would be beneficial.
- Cross functional leadership with an emphasis on interfacing with Marketing, R&D, Engineering, Regulatory, Purchasing, Analytical and Global Manufacturing.
- Ability to apply statistical analysis to evaluate data: MiniTab for data analysis, Statistical Process Control (SPC).
Travel approximately 40% of the time within in EMEA, CEE/CIS countries with some periodic travel to other global regions may also be required.
Minimum of a BE/BS in Packaging Science, Packaging Engineering, or related field with at least five (5) years in package development of multiple packaging formats and materials for rigid, semi-rigid and flexible formats with advanced experience in design, development and testing of thermoforming, Injection Molding, Blow Molding and Testing from multiple market segments including pharmaceutical, cosmetic, OTC’s, Consumer Products industries.
Highly motivated team player with an entrepreneurial mindset and strong desire to succeed.Distinctive social competency
- Language capabilities to be English and ½ CEE languages.
- Ability to communicate concisely with persuasion and confidence
- Ability to lead and influence direct and indirect reporting relationship.
- Strong organizational and self-organizational skills
- Capable of working with a minimum of supervision
- Proficient understanding of business dynamics for the region, key economic drivers and consumer behaviors.
- Strong analytical package testing skills, data interpretation and reporting.
- Sound scientific and business judgment and ethical decision making.
- Capable of handling multiple projects with varying degrees of complexity.
- Ability to think on your feet and maintain a high level of situational awareness.
Exempt Performance Materials and Technologies
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD37201
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Domaniewska 39, Warsaw, MAZOWI 02672 POL
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.