Drive a sales
organization to achieve maximum profitable growth in line with Honeywell’s vision and strategic objectives. Establish and own the territorial plans and sales strategies aimed at serving and expanding the customer base. Be the executive sponsor of Honeywell by maintaining customer contacts and relationships at senior levels in support of territory account managers and the sales team plus the account strategies.
2. Principal Responsibilities
Be responsible for the performance and development of all sales activities in the assigned region.
Ensure coordinated sales activities on pole strategic pursuits. Coordinate activities with other functions and across regions to achieve overall business results.
Use internal and external relationships to accurately assess potential barriers, engage the required resources to successfully support and develop the sales initiatives and help the pole sales teams to cross political and organizational boundaries. Provide executive sponsorship to leverage relationships with the customer in support of local sales strategies.
Entertain direct relations with executives of EPC and customers.
3. Networks & Contact
• VP POLE Sales (direct manager for this role)
• HPS (Honeywell Process Solutions) regional leaders of the LOB (lines of business) and support functions
• HPS global sales leadership
• EPC (engineering and procurement companies) and SCA (Summit corporate Accounts) sales directors and account managers
• Country Sales Manager (direct reports to this role) and country leadership team
• Human Resources Generalists of the countries in the territory assigned
• Sales Operations professionals
• Proposal andestimating leaders
• End Customers Executives, commercial contacts and partners
4. Supervisory Responsibilities
• Responsible for the direct management of a team of Territory (regional) Sales Managers and Sales professionals
5. Geographic Scope & Travel Requirements
• Geographic responsibilities (as well as revenues responsibility and staff) may vary
• Frequent Travel is a standard requirement of the job, frequency may vary between 40/70 percent of the time and depends on the assigned territory.
6. Key Performance Measures
• Key sales performance metrics (results Vs AOP; YOY growth)
• Forecast accuracy
• Sales Operating System performance in the region
• Achievements against MRR actions (talent development, succession)
• Sales team excellence (average performance of the AM in the territory, execution compared to plan, focus on staffing actions)
• Responsiveness: Accuracy and on –time submission of reporting
1. Required Background
• University Degree or equivalent level
• Postgraduate Business Qualification is desirable
2. Work Experience Required
• 10+ years in solution sales (preferably automation industry). Proven track record of success in the global business environment
• Experience operating as a leader in an international, highly matrix organisation; multi-country management experience
• Experience in building and maintaining relations at executive levels with customers and EPC
• Experience maneuvering through complex with political agility and savvy
• Experienced in complex sale, including early engagement in the customer buying cycle at senior levels, building long-term strategic and executive relationships, team selling and opportunity planning
• Experience with planning, developing and executing sales campaigns or programs in specific markets or for specific products
• Direct sales and sales management experience (Track record managing successful teams)
• Marketing and project management experience is desirable
3. Technical Skills & Specific Knowledge Required
• Understand the value proposition of Honeywell and all the company has to offer
• Understand the strategic direction of Honeywell
• A well developed sense of the industry and market trends in the assigned territory
• Good knowledge of our customers’ businesses and drivers
• Financial and business acumen
• Account Management, ability to use market and marketing data to build successful accounts plans
• Good knowledge of commercial terms, contract terms, etc.
4. Behavioural Competencies Required
• Demonstrate strategic leadership and authority
• Ability to motivate sales managers and other professionals with drive and energy resulting in aggressive growth.
• Have and set high performance standards: push self and others to achieve bottom line results; monitors achievements and progresses toward goals constantly
• People savvy, skills to recognize sales talents and to bring them in the organization. Coach and mentor to develop talents to become leaders or great achievers.
Supports weak performance when development is achievable.
• Strategic Mindset: outstanding account management skills; develops achievable growth plans in the territory
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.