Machining Manufacturing Process Expert
Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
This senior technology leadership role, reporting to the Supplier Innovation Director of the Engineered Procurement organization, leads the development of breakthrough manufacturing process technologies in the process engineering domain of Machining through co-innovation with selected suppliers and associated equipment manufacturers.
External Manufacturing Process Development
- Drives sustainable differentiation and higher value products through the development of advanced external manufacturing processes at suppliers and associated equipment manufacturers in the Machining process engineering domain.
- Holistically assesses benefits of new external manufacturing technologies in terms of performance/quality/reliability and cost together with Component COEs, Product Lines, Should Cost and Commodity teams.
- Rigorously deploys new supplier process capability assessment and limit sample testing in support of new PEP and Risk Mgmt MOS
- Provides neccessary technical input to new Core vs. Non-Core and economics-driven Make vs. Buy decision making processes.
- Actively supports generation & protection of IP for key external manufacturing processes in the Machining domain (e.g. develop foreground IP, patented design features, trade secrets with suppliers, etc.
- Delivers annual Supplier (Component & Equipment) Process Technology Roadmaps for selected strategic suppliers in the Machining domain, synchronized & shared with Product Line, Component COE, and AME technology roadmaps, as well as fully aligned with the needs of the different Supply Base Commodities.
- Conducts continuous external disruptive technology scouting & benchmarking.
- Provides required technical expertise/support for potential M&A pipeline development and assessment.
Internal Cross-Functional Support Activities
- Together with the responsible Project Manager of the Engineered Procurement organization drives and applies a robust closed loop process and MOS for enhanced Product | Component | Process Design Optimization and translates resulting tech requirements for suppliers.
- Together with the SQM and Materials COE organizations drives new external manufacturing process development | risk identification | management | qualification | deployment
- Leads the creation and timely execution of internal R&D activities in the Machining process engineering domain in order to create sustainable differentiation through continuous development of foreground IP in close collaboration with the Materials COE and the Component COEs.
Training and People Development
- Supports deployment of talent strategy to develop/improve internal expertise & skills in Machining processes in the SQM and Materials COE teams.
- Provides leads for succession planning to staff open process expert positions with top talent & diversity, while leveraging cross-HON expertise
Fosters partnership with Labs, Academia, and x-SBG Experts Network.
20 Evaluate prospective supplier Quality System
20 Evaluate procedures for compliance to contractual and regulatory requirements
20 Evaluate supplier capability based on 6 Sigma methodologies
20 Train associates, suppliers, and contract personnel in Six Sigma techniques
20 Provide technical insight to analyze risks and opportunities
Education Level and/or relevant experiences:
- Graduate Engineer, preferably in Mechanical Engineering or Materials Science.
- Minimum of 15 years of previous working experience, preferably in automotive industry, and preferably with part of it at a machining supplier
- Multi-year experience in manufacturing process development as well as in supplier development
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to effectively manage relations with internal & external customers, and suppliers.
- Strong team building skills
- Ability to communicate concisely at all level inside and outside the company
- Ability to develop & coach in the development of an effective process development project plan and control strategy
- Ability to provide coaching for a team seeking complex, technical solutions
- Ability to prioritize work and meet goals within a complex, global business environment
- Fluent in spoken and written English. Second language is a plus.
- Personal flexibility to travel world-wide
- Able to form personal relations which facilitate effective virtual meetings (telecons and Net Meetings)
- Seeks out information and techniques from outside his own team (literature, industry, universities, internet)
- Strong understanding of process/technology development and industrialization processes
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Experience with production and research grade hardware a plus
- Able to work both independently and as a part of a team.
Exempt The Turbo Advantage
- Continued Professional Development
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: req147486
- Category: Procurement
- Location: IRL
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.