Application Engineer I
Design solutions to drive safe living and quality of life
- Provides ongoing customer technical support for new projects from the development phase until start of production
- Collects customer technical requirements to answer requests for quotation for new business win. Writes technical offer to match customer needs including turbocharger matching, design & material selection and ensures alignment with product plan definition.
- Drives development phase fromthe prototype stage until industrialization for production
- Defines technical risk assessment and validation plan follow-up for flawless product launches
- Defines and tracks the Bill Of Material, design / drawings and contractual documentation.
- Collaborates with other HTT departments (purchasing, manufacturing…) for technical definition and development of components or sub assemblies
- Reviews product qualification test plan associated to a customer application, in agreement with product lines and product assurance. Leads the preparation of the hardware, the analysis of test results and redaction of reports (tests include performance, mechanical validation, vehicle testing…). Supports post test analysisof endurance units in development/ field.
- Drives pilot design reviews for each program before production toolings launch
- Seeks cost optimization of new products in development and qualification of new suppliers for current products
- Checks compliance with our internal processes before any new product launch
- Identifies future customer needs and provide feedback to support Product Line for business wins. Partners with Product Line development to infuse customer field experience in new products
Is responsible for the application engineering release.
20 Provides ongoing customer technical support for new projects
20 Collects customer technical requirements to answer requests for quotation for new business win
20 Drives development phase from the prototype stage until industrialization for production
20 Defines technical risk assessment and validation plan follow-up for flawless product launches
20 Defines and tracks the Bill Of Material, design / drawings and contractual documentation
- Master degree in Mechanical Engineering or/and Thermodynamics
- Automotive industry background
- Previous experience in combusion engines/ turbocharges, gasoline/ diesel engines
- Deep understanding in thermodynamics & engine performance data analysis
- Experience in turbocharger design & FEA study analysis
- Fluent in English & Italian. French & German skills are a plus.
- Previous experience in working in cross-functional teams
- Customer management skills
- Effective communication skills
- Resilient and flexible
- Ability to work independently
- Travel requirements – varies, up to 25% of time
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: HRD29378
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Centro Piero della Francesca C.so Svizzera 185, Turin, TO 10149 ITA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.