Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
This Lead Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) position is responsible for supporting and enabling the Aerospace Supplier Performance Management Transition Supplier Quality Team. This Lead SQE work responsibility is centered on assisting the Transition SQE Senior Manager in performing: the Quality function standard work embedded in the Honeywell Buy to Buy Transition Support Guideline defined in AG 5932, the Honeywell Supplier Common Assessment (HSCA) tool, Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and supplier selection processes. This Lead Transition SQE role is also responsible for enabling and mentoring the Aero Transition Project FAA notification oversite, assisting the team training process, and performing the Senior Manager duties when the Senior Manager is traveling or out of the office.
* Major Duties and Responsibilities * * : *
· Responsible for providing team mentoring to ensure compliance and flow down of regulatory agency, government regulations, engineering specifications, customer requirements and company policies/procedures.
· Responsibility includes team leading in terms of performing and monitoring the Quality Function Honeywell Standard Transition Process Key Deliverables. The key deliverables include but are not limited to providing the product/site flow down requirements to supplier, leading the HSCA, preparing a part risk mitigation plan, mentoring the Last Article Inspection Report (LAIR)/FAIR plan, applying APQP methodology, establishing and inputting financial cost estimates and mentoring the Production Readiness Review.
· Responsible for team leading and mentoring to ensure that the go to supplier performance is dramatically better than the previous supplier.
· Responsible to mentor and lead the Transition SQE team to support commodity hardware transitions, the supplier rationalization process/sourcing plans and the development/implementation of supplier quality improvement plans.
· Travel is required 30%
· Provide first line of oversight to the aerospace supplier selection committee on matters of controlled source, NADCAP, FAA and export compliance.
50 Mentor and train the Aero transition SQE Team
25 Report directly and assist Sr. SQE Manager of Aero Buy to Buy transitions
25 Performing SQE standard work
Self-motivated Lead Supplier Quality Engineer able to lead others engaged in assigned project support. Comprehend tasks and train others to perform the associated tasks, able to track and report.
Self-starter with ability to perform to department standard work with minimal direction
A Professional Certification (ASQ-CQE, CQA, CMoQ/OE) or equivalent RAB qualification preferred.
Exempt Honeywell Aerospace Overview
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.