Director, Network Connectivity
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The leader of Honeywell’s Global Connectivity and Networking is responsible for overseeing all associated technical aspects and management of the global team that designs, builds and runs a world-class global contemporary / segmented connectivity and networks that support’s Honeywell’s global operations (nearly a thousand sites, cross strategic business groups including; offices, manufacturing, distribution and retail sites) and the need to move massive amounts of video, audio, structured and unstructured based data.
Honeywell invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges initiated by revolutionary macro trends in science, technology and society. A Fortune 100 company, we create solutions to improve the quality of life of people around the globe: generating clean, healthy energy – and using it more efficiently. Increasing our safety and security. Enabling people around the world to connect, communicate, and collaborate. And equipping our customers to be even more productive. With approximately 132,000 employees worldwide, including more than 22,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting commitment to quality and delivering results in everything we make and do.
- Own and drive network plans, specifications, implementations and continuous improvements that result in an ultra-high availability network that is simple, resilient, agile, bandwidth on demand, supplier flexible, self-correcting, encrypted, adaptable, manageable, economical and effective.
- Oversee all technology design and implementation for content acquisition, production and distribution data networks including regulatory requirements (FARS/DFARS, performance, availability, ubiquitous access, and data center network virtualization, united LAN/SAN, cloud enablable, recoverability, root cause determination, problem resolution and software defined networking (SDN).
- Manage end-to-end service in connectivity / networking that meets the needs of each region and business unit Honeywell businesses operates in. This includes all the services that enable Honeywell’s Core Network such as routing/switching, IP address management, DNS, DHCP and data center cabling.
- Ensure connectivity / network enables proliferation of wireless devices, BYOD, mobility, video experience, internet of things, resiliency and associated security.
- Provide senior-most technical expertise in the discipline of network engineering, network security, global contemporary / segmented operations, implementation, operations and support.
- With end to end accountability, establish and maintain 24x7 network operations capability.
- Direct the development, implementation and administration of processes and procedures to ensure the reliability, recoverability, and optimum performance of network infrastructure systems and solutions.
- Refine and/or redefine existing 24x7 monitoring metrics, SLA’s and response criteria.
- Collaborate with the systems management team to deploy and maintain required tools.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and counseling in technical and non-technical areas to the Connectivity / Network Team.
- Develop a high performance staff through education, mentoring and providing continual evaluation of employee development and eliminate single points of knowledge.
- Support the strategic planning process for operations & engineering organizations.
- Ensure solutions and services are linked to business strategy with measurable benefits.
- Participate in budgetary planning by assessing department and customer requirements, outlining anticipated expenditures, lifecycle, and continuous improvement and proposing fund.
- Demonstrated experience with principal network equipment vendors (Avaya, Cisco, Force 10, Extreme, F5), carriers (Level 3, Verizon, AT&T) current network technologies (10Gig+ switching, VLANs, QOS, load balancing, VPN, firewalls), and current web application technologies allocation to support the business needs of the company.
- Solid understanding of IT Security best practices with extensive knowledge of firewall, IPS and IDS and other means of securing and controlling unauthorized access to data.
- Comprehensive knowledge of local and wide area IP networking engineering including: bandwidth provisioning and security programs for very high bandwidth internet sites; carrier-class telecommunications services; unicast and multicast streaming media distribution technologies; load balancing and failover management technology; network management tools; and caching environment design and integration.
- Drive the execution of connectivity / networking technology strategy, anticipating and reacting to major technology changes, delivering technical standards, responsible for project implementation and lifecycle management for Honeywell’s global telecom networks and services to ensure seamless, fast, and global access to Honeywell users.
- Enable one of the largest global deployments of Microsoft Lync EV, SAP, PeopleSoft, Salesforce and similar business, engineering’s, distributed, e-commerce and point of sale (retail), operations tools, applications and technologies via on-prem, hybrid and/or cloud.
Manage the strategy, selection, negotiations, contracts, and day-to-day relationship with global service providers
25 Own and drive network plans, specifications, implementations and continuous improvements
25 Oversee all technology design and implementation for content acquisition, production & distribution
25 Manage end-to-end service in connectivity / networking
25 Ensure connectivity / network enables proliferation of wireless devices
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- Minimum 10 years of information Technology or business experience (in a technology field)
- Minimum 5 years’ of strong practical hands on experience in designing, deploying and maintaining a global contemporary network, certifications preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ of experience managing strong technical personnel in a global environment
- Masters preferred
- Strong Financial experience and business acumen
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills including demonstrated ability to condense data in order to synthesize crisp and easily understandable deliverables.
- English skills required, multi-lingual preferred.
- Ability to successfully manage and execute multiple, large scale projects using project management tools and processes.
- Identify, analyze, and drive problems to resolution, handling complex issues simultaneously while effectively communicating across teams.
- Position will require 25% -50% global travel.
Exempt Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
- Job ID: HRD32169
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: 1300 W Warner Rd., Tempe, AZ 85284 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.