Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The Sr. Advanced Systems Engineer position is responsible for performing system and software engineering activities associated with the Displays & Graphics. This role will require a strong technical capability of Avionics Display System and strong knowledge on related process. Candidates need to have good communication, leadership skill and highly motivated.
- Lead the efforts in Apex Display System and Software Requirements definition, documentation based on OEM and Application level requirements;
- Take key FCI (Functional Content Item) owner’s role, own the plan and execution of the whole FCI work scope, and manage the FCI baseline;
- Perform Integrated System Test;
- Independently leads problem analysis and gets a solution. Resolve technical issues from application teams, product groups, and OEM's;
- Support global LSE by providing the key technical support and solution;
- Lead Certification related activities per FAA requirements;
- Interfacing with internal and external stakeholders and customers;
- Challenge the status quo and creatively identify opportunities for improvement
20 requirements analysis
20 requirements decomposition
20 model based development system design
20 systems validation & verification
20 project oversight
Bachelor’s Degree or above in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field;
Minimum 6 years demonstrated experience in Avionics system engineering;
Excellent communication skills in English both verbal and written;
Excellent work attitude and team work spirit, self-motivation, be proactive in meeting program schedule, and product performance goals;
Superior analytical and problem solving skills;
Willingness to travel to global Honeywell sites per project needs
Avionics System knowledge
Knowledge of Aviation Operations or Human Factors
Knowledge of DO-178B
Knowledge of ARP 4754
Knowledge of Model Based Development process
Experience in developing/executing new functionality for new products and new market applications
Ability to think strategically and to scope tasks and set goals
Ability to work on multiple projects and effectively manage priorities
Experience in various communication protocols (ASCB-D, ARINC429, ARINC664, RS232/422, UART, Discrete I/O, etc.)
Familiarity with C/C++ and OpenGL programming
Pilot experience is a plus
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.