Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
As a testimony to its success, in 2018 Honeywell will be spinning off the Transportation Systems business into a stand-alone, publicly traded company. Being a stand-alone company will provide Transportation Systems the independence, focus, direct financial resources, and flexibility required to adapt quickly to market and customer dynamics, and we want you to be part of its evolution. Both new and existing employees will have a more direct benefit from the company’s performance in a multitude of ways.
We have an exciting new opportunity - Global Leader / Operational Excellence
The Global Leader of the Operational Excellence team will manage a team of dedicated regional lean experts, and lead the global process of identification and elimination of waste in the Honeywell Turbo Technologies product development process, driving a fundamental culture change in the global engineering organization.
- Create and manage a list of priorities of the highest impact improvement areas, with a focus on Breakthrough Productivity and transformation initiatives. Processes to be baselined and improved may include component analysis and design, component or product testing processes and methodologies, prototype procurement, critical information availability, product and component standardization, and project tracking systems.
- Use existing process data to forecast improvement results for quarterly, AOP and STRAP planning. Work with engineering leadership team to align priorities, planning and commitment to the necessary work streams.
- Establish monthly operating reviews on Key Process Indicators (KPIs) and metrics to identify critical areas of opportunity, to track specific improvements against target, and to ensure improvements are sustained.
- Engage the targeted cross functional teams for preparation and planning to ensure commitment to change.
- Deploy and mentor the lean experts to facilitate the cross-functional teams' work to baseline and transform the targeted areas. Overall goal is aimed at driving a long-term culture change in the global engineering organization to internalize the continuous improvement process of waste identification and reduction through systematic tool usage and application.
-Ensure interface with all engineering functions at all levels, in order to demonstrate meaningful and measurable results in reduced cycle time and lowered product development cost.
- Create and maintain an engineering digital transformation roadmap to streamline global standard work and ease identification and management of waste.
- Implement a forecasting process to improve the predictability of the engineering development processes and to enable identification and mitigation of process waste.
40 Identification of process change priorities
30 Deployment of teams and experts to enact change
30 Develop and implement digital process improvement roadmaps and lean tool development
YOU MUST HAVE
A Bachelors in Mechanical or Materials Engineering, MBA is a plus.
10 years or more experience in new product development or new product introduction, preferably in the field of turbomachinery.
Lean Master Certification
Demonstrated change management experience
Proven track of leading teams to successful project delivery
Track record of improving team performance and work practice through team coaching
Competence to convey subtle or complex messages clearly, as appropriate for the topic and audience
Ability to consistently make timely decisions and balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness, even in the face of complexity
Solid knowledge of specific product and process technologies or broad knowledge of multiple product and process technologies
Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done
Exempt China: Transportation Systems' Strategy
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.