Test Laboratory Leader
- The job holder reports to the Quality Manager. He works on his own initiative but performance is monitored by adherence to schedule.
- The technical operation of Shah Alam test laboratory.
- To ensure that all test programmes are implemented and maintained and commitments adhered to. Also that any required corrective action is implemented as appropriate.
- Approving test reports by signature, and taking technical responsibility for their content.
- Determining policies for work practices, with due regard to resources, technical, quality, safety and confidentiality requirements.
- To advise customers with regard to appropriate tests and standards applicable for their products to best meet their performance criteria.
- The implementation and periodic review of the laboratory’s quality policies and procedures.
- To make recommendations and implement improvements to laboratory services and operations as appropriate.
- Ensuring compliance with the accreditation requirements (such as UKAS, ASTA, SINGLAS etc.).
- To communicate with the customer associated with the product(s) being testing.
- The security and confidentiality of all laboratory operations.
- To identify and implement the training requirements of all laboratory staff, to ensure the quality of laboratory operations.
- The interpretation of British Standards and other specification requirements and to relate them to practical test situations.
- To perform testing of products.
- To identify the type of instrumentation and apparatus necessary to meet the test objectives and calibration requirements to the necessary level of quality, and apply these correctly.
- To perform spot checks, as required, on laboratory instrumentation to ensure proper functioning.
- To evaluate information obtained from testing.
- To produce clear, accurate and concise test reports.
- The compilation, issue and maintenance of product Declarations of Conformity (DoC’s).
- Co-ordination of inter-laboratory comparisons
- The discipline and safety and supervision of all laboratory personnel, trainees, and visitors.
- To ensure that safety requirements are observed as necessary.
- Performance of risk assessments for tasks carried out in the laboratory.
- To identify any relevant training they may require to ensure the quality of laboratory operations are maintained
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical and electronic or Mechanical
- At least 3 – 5 years relevant experience of managing andrunning a test laboratory.
- Strong knowledge in BS and IEC standard would be anadvantage
- Good English communication skill in writing and speaking
- Good report writing skill
- Experience in leadership role
- Good analytical and creative problem solving skill
- Ability to lead, drive change, and influence others
- Ability to manage multiple and conflicting priorities
- Job ID: HRD34101
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: Kompleks Perusahaan LTAT, Jalan Pengapit 15/19, Batu 3 Industrial Estate, Shah Alam, SL 40000 MYS
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.