Deliver business value through Right and Fast partnership
Purpose of the Job
We are looking for a Field Service Engineer who will support the LSS business to drive the Services business growth and profitability with superb customer satisfaction and safety record. Responsible of the delivery of the support services to customers respecting global standards and processes. Engineer who understands customer needs and resolves issues through technical knowledge. Knows customer’s site and contacts and uses Honeywell support network to provide excellent service and quality to customer. Professional who focuses on customer growth and development, identifies service business opportunities in the customers’ installed base.
· Safety: meet the Corporate, customer and legal obligations of Health, Safety and Environment (trainings, use of PPEs and safety observations)
· Customer growth and development: Identifies and develop opportunities for business growth cooperating actively with sales to progress them having an active and influential role with the customer to develop the solution. Actively engages with sales to pursue the opportunities (actively generates sales leads)
· System upgrades and modifications (Installation/configuration/implementation & commissioning) of Honeywell’s product range including Industrial control & safety systems, 3rd party DCS Systems or SCADA products to meet customer specifications. performs systems modification and upgrades (of different level of complexity according to job qualification)
· Maintain the customer equipment to the required standard: regularly performs preventive maintenance and promptly intervene on maintenance needs
· System diagnosis: Diagnosis and escalation for rectification of issues in application software.
· Quality of delivery: Deliver promptly against service request, respecting agreed timing
· Internal processes and reporting: Adopt and adhere to global standard in terms of tracking of actions (tools and timing) and promptly submit timesheets and billable work to ensure on time invoicing
· Application support: based on business requirements and resource planning by the company, dedicated application support will be given to selected customers
· Preventive maintenance for TPS and Experion ECT TPE related clients, and this includes installing Patches and acting as Site Support engineer
· Bring in expertise in handling major technical disturbances/issues by sharing knowledge and experience
· Knowledge sharing/transfer and job training for EPKS/TPS engineers according guidelines and expectations by management
· On request of management participation in progress meetings with customers
Principal Networks & Contact Links
· LSS management (General Manager, Service Business Mgr, Field Service Mgr, Field Operations Leader, Contract Managers)
· Other LSS support functions (Project Managers, TAC engineers)
· Sales account managers
· Proposal and Estimating
· HSE leader
· TAC engineers
· Customer service/care representatives
Geographic Scope & Travel Requirements
· Typically geographic scope is for Netherlands. Out of country travels may be required to meet ad hoc needs, but are rare.
· Frequent travel out of office is part of job requirement (customers’ visits)
Key Performance Measures
· Meet customer needs and requirements
· Fulfil expectations as per job responsibilities
· Certification and training (Completion of defined annual training plan)
· Billability and utilisation
· Timing to submit time sheets (weekly time card)
· Timing to submit billable paperwork for invoice generation
· Timing to close service requests (100% of assigned contract deliverables completed per schedule = Request Fulfillment SR's completed by promised date; NO SR's open with no activity >30 days & Open Billable)
· Number of sales lead generated
· Quality: No GSM Audit Corrective Actions assigned
· HSE: respect safety measure (HON and customer site), contributes to SOS
20 Safety and Environment
20 Customer growth and development
20 System upgrades and modifications
20 System diagnosis
20 Quality of delivery
·Technical education (diploma) – electronic systems/industrial automation – technician level
·Bachelor degree in engineering (engineers)
Work Experience Required
·Experience in maintenance of automation control system for sophisticated industrial environment
Technical Skills & Specific Knowledge Required
·Knowledge of electronic systems (installation / configuration / implementation)
·Understands project life cycle from requirements to delivery
·Understanding of the cost structure of service agreements and make appropriate cost effective decisions
·Basic knowledge of project management skills: able to use project documentation
·Honeywell certification (level required varying according to job qualification)
Behavioural Competencies Required
·Use open two-way communication style both internally and externally with Honeywell customers.
·Respect and represents Honeywell high quality services, ethics and values towards our clients
·Strong ability to multi-task and prioritise work
·Identify solutions to meet and go beyond customer needs
·Genuine interest for technology, continuously upgrade/update his technical knowledge
·Accurate and time-conscious
·Dutch is a must; English knowledge at (minimum) intermediate level (able to read, write and understand spoken English)
Exempt Aerospace Overview | Products
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.