Deliver business value through Right and Fast partnership
SAP Functional Expert
This position is an SAP Functional Expert in the Enterprise Applications Organization covering one of several SAP functional areas/modules. Deep knowledge of one of the functions is required.
Function SAP Modules/Solutions
40 Experience in the SAP project or technology deployment space with experience in at least 2 full life
30 Very good knowledge of spoken and written English
30 Demonstrated experience in process design, SAP configuration, functional specification development
Key Leadership Responsibilities
Key Leadership Responsibilities
• Acting as a member of the Global Enterprise Applications SAP team, supporting the overall direction, vision, deployment and management for the functional scope of one of the solutions noted in the position summary.
• Developing and deploying standard IT solutions across SBGs; ensuring 'best in class' processes are implemented; supporting implementation teams in their solution validation efforts; and ensuring common processes are defined and deployed.
• Ensuring a common configuration of the SAP solutions are being deployed by external IT partners/preferred vendors.
• Partnership with suppliers for solutioning, build and deploy activities.
• Providing timely and accurate follow up on identified business Gaps, including specification review/approval, testing, documentation and knowledge transfer.
• Multi-tasking and working in a virtual work environment.
• Responsible for serving as technical expert, crafting and sourcing optimal business solutions, bringing new ideas, opportunities, and literacy to enable long term success for the supported functional area.
• Be a champion for the SAP solution, and a champion for the benefits of change.
• Partner with Functional Implementation Leader team, Deployment Leads and other key parties to ensure a successful project implementation
• Participate , communicate, work in a Cross functional /cross cultural team effectively
• Experience in the SAP project or technology deployment space with experience in at least 2 full life cycle SAP deployments as a hands on SAP functional/solutioning expert
• Very good knowledge of spoken and written English
• BS/BA degree or equivalent experience.
• Demonstrated experience in process design, SAP configuration, functional specification development, testing and training required
• Self-directed and able to troubleshoot and solve problems independently as well as a team
• Ability to work in a matrix environment
• Able to deal with ambiguity, and uncertainty
• Can operate in a multi-cultural, global environment
• Ability to communicate at all levels in the organization
• Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
• Willingness to travel as per the project requirements.
Good to Have
· Six Sigma DFSS Greenbelt certification or Black Belt Preferred
· Travel up to 70%
· The ability to partner with suppliers, business customers, and IT staff on cross-functional projects, and service improvements
· SAP Knowledge - have an expert level functional and technical understanding of SAP in supported function.
· The ability to translate business issues / requirements and objectives into technical solutions
· Strong knowledge of IT business processes and practices
· Skilled in partnering with internal customers at all levels to define problems, identify solutions, and facilitate change
· Skilled or proven ability to analyze complex problems and break them down into logical, actionable parts
· Strong interpersonal skills - effective listening and teaming
· Self-motivated, demonstrated bias for action
Excellent oral, written and collaborative communication skills, including executive level communications
A Job posting does not exist for this global job code, please work with your HRG to develop one Honeywell FM&T Overview
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.