Sr. Supplier Quality Development Engineer - copy
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Leading team of quality engineers and working directly with suppliers to satisfy Honeywell's quality standards and strategy in the manufacture of components. You will interact with all levels of supplier management. As Honeywell's point of contact within the supply base, you will support transition and supplier development activities within your assigned geographical area. In support of a variety of supplier oversight functions, spending a majority of your time at supplier facilities.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Will support multiple major sites in Europe including- Eichenzell Germany, Partizanske Slovakia, and sites in France
- Lead the development and management of Supplier Development/ Supplier Quality Engineering methodology in multiple sites within region and suppliers globally
- Train, mentor, and use Quality tools such as PPAP, APQP, Six Sigma to drive supplier improvement
- Champion Problem resolution culture and work with team (internal and external) to resolvesupplier issues
- Execute Product Stewardship (e.g.: REACH/ROHS, Prop 65, CE Regulation etc.)responsibilities to appropriate supply base as needed
- Drive Supplier Engineering metrics such as Cost of Poor Performance, Supplier PPM, Delivery (OTTR), Productivity and Lead Time as needed within the regional supply base to deliver results
- Assist Sourcing and Supplier Engineering leadership in Supplier selection, verification, development of suppliers globally. Create and implement robust continuous improvement and training programs for SQ/SDE team.
- Work within the regional commodity management team to improve supplier quality, delivery, and performance for direct material suppliers
- Ensure material and supplier readiness for all NPI products.
- Engage with the NPI teams as needed to assist with NPI supplier metrics
Guide supplier/team in resolving issues with manufacturing technologies such as Rubber, Leather, Clothing Apparel, Footwear, Injection Molding, Stamping, Electro-mechanical devices etc.
25 Monitor supplier Quality metrics associated with supplier capability, trends and related production
25 Evaluate prospective supplier Quality System
25 Manufacturing Process
25 Train, mentor, and use Quality tools such as PPAP, APQP, Six Sigma to drive supplier improvement
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Experience in Supplier Quality Engineering/Supplier Development Engineering at least 5 years
- Excellent english
- Over 3 years of Automotive experience
- Demonstrated understanding of APQP and PPAP processes and implementation.
- Knowledge of German and French a plus
- Experience working with suppliers in various time zones
- Experience dealing in multisite environment and managing requirements of multiple stakeholders
- Experience working in Leather and Clothing industry a plus
- Experience with ISO standards and supplier quality auditing.
- Strong background in lean six sigma and statistical process control, DOE, capability analysis (Cp, Cpk).
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: req151197
- Category: Procurement
- Location: V Parku 2326/18, budova 10,2.&3.p., Prague, AA 14800 CZE
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.