HR Legal Director
Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
This position reports directly to the Corporate Secretary & General Counsel of the Company and will have responsibility supporting the labor and employment legal activities of Transportations Systems. This position provides general labor & employment support to the HR leaders and business leaders globally. The position is also responsible for managing the relationships with outside counsel on labor and employment issues.
This role includes the following responsibilities:
- Driving a culture of compliance, including training.
- Advising on critical strategic Labor & Employment matters, such as the risks and opportunities posted by potential employment actions.
- Supervising outside counsel in litigation matters.
- Working with Business Leaders, HR Leaders and their General Counsel (s) to advise on matters related to Employment Law and provide business applicable solutions on issues
- Supporting works council and union negotiations.
- Supporting internal investigations and conducting same occasionally.
- Working with outside counsel as needed on matters that arise in countries where there is limited or no support, or when an issue arises in an area without internal knowledge
Responsible for interpretation and application of European legislation to ensure Honeywell compliance in all EMEA countries
20 Coaching and development
20 Manage external counsel
20 Assess potential legal risks
20 Develop standardized processes
20 Influence senior management
YOU MUST HAVE
- Law degree and appropriate certifications and admissions
- At least ten years experience with a major Law firm and/or corporation with significant labor & employment responsibilities within and ideally multiple jurisdictions
- English required; Multiple language fluency preferred
- Corporate multinational law department experience preferred.
- A passion to succeed in a high volume, global, sophisticated transactional practice
- Strong intellectual capacity, unquestioned integrity and high personal standards of excellence.
- An insatiable curiosity and interest in international business
- A proactive mindset.
- Understanding of Corporate and stakeholder business needs/environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills & Outstanding organizational skills
- Pragmatic approach to intelligent risk taking & a Creative problem solver
- Ability to prioritize workload based on strategic significance of issues presented when compared across wide client base
- Ability to drive change and process improvement through a geographically dispersed organization
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: req136395
- Category: Legal
- Location: V Parku 2326/18, budova 10,2.&3.p., Prague, AA 14800 CZE
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.