Airport System Engineer
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The System Engineer is responsible for engineering, development, configuration, testing and commissioning of the
- Control & Monitoring System (CMS) application for Airfield Ground Lighting (AGL) and/or
- Visual Docking Guidance System (VDGS).
You also support bids for new projects or the development of new products and collaborates with the bid team and the product managers respectively regarding design and estimation.
In addition, the System Engineer works with customers to define Technical Requirements Specifications, modifying config tables and writing scripts to provide operational enhancements as requested by the customer and agreed with the Project Manager.
The System Engineer reports to the Honeywell Airport Business Engineering Manager Europe/Americas.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Provide Advanced Engineering & Application Management Support in projects and for the day to day operation of the AGL CMS and/or VDGS
- Establish & manage onsite Software Configuration Management System
- Analyze the system logs and initiate necessary measures to ensure high availability for the system.
- Carryout simulations and tests for real jobs on test environment
- Support installation of software at customer location or remotely, as & when required
- Support troubleshooting of software remotely or at customer locations, as & when required
- Provide First Level technical assistance against any software bugs encountered while installing, testing and commissioning on-site
- Develop and maintain engineering and project documentation
- Maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C++ code
- Implement performance and quality modules
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Coordinate proposed changes with Center of Excellence in Hamburg as well as R&D in India
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Provide direction and assistance for engineering design, solution development, design verification and support to Airports Projects and Sales groups with the aim to ensure best valued engineered solutions
- Support Sales and Product Management for customer and product demos
Conduct Technical Risk Reviews where required in Sales Approval process
25 requirements analysis
25 requirements decomposition
25 systems design
25 model based development system design
- Computer Science or Engineering Degree qualifications and minimum 5-8 years of experience with engineering or software development of Control and Monitoring Systems
- Software development experience for large software systems
- Change management experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Honeywell’s product offerings and solutions
- Well-developed project management skills
- A proven track record of delivery and success in the areas of problem solving and process change/improvement
- Ability to work effectively across a large geographic spread in a virtual engineering group environment
- Proficiency in C++ with good knowledge of the language specification
- Knowledge of CORBA or experience with any other RPC based middleware
- Proficiency and working experience on Linux platform and knowledge on Linux system calls
- Knowledge of low-level threading primitives and experience and in-depth know-how about using OS constructs for multi-threading
- Proficient knowledge of XML and/or JSON, interface programming and Shell Scripting
- Thorough knowledge of the standard library, STL containers, and algorithms
- Good understanding of memory management in non-garbage collected environments
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, SVN and software build process
- Thorough knowledge of software development – Agile/Scrum, Iterative
- Proficiency in documentation is essential
- Experience in testing (white, black, integration) is preferred
- Effective interpersonal skills to develop good working relationships between sales and operations to ensure lowest cost, lowest risk and best value engineered solutions
- Ability to think strategically in identifying future trends and applying process improvement tools to solve business problems
- A thorough understanding of the OSI network model, Ethernet, and TCP/IP networking is preferred
- Understanding of routing, switching, multi path in network is preferred
- Good database knowledge (especially mySQL) is preferred
- Experience with airport operations or aviation systems in general is a plus
Exempt Honeywell Educators @ Space Academy
- Continued Professional Development
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: HRD29828
- Category: Engineering
- Location: V Parku 2326/18, budova 10,2.&3.p., Prague, AA 14800 CZE
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.