Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
To generate innovative product designs, with responsibility for all aspects of the mechanical design process, to facilitate delivery of innovative solutions for both current product portfolio and new products within negotiated deadlines and controlled costs.
1. To work with the various functional departments to maintain and improve production quality and efficiency.
2. To generate detailed product design documentation for NPI and NPE projects using the appropriate tools and delivering robust solutions.
3. To be creative in proposed solutions, generating IP and protecting it through the company’s procedures.
3. To lead or support value engineering activities.
4. To provide product design support for other key projects as required by the R&D projects roadmap.
5. To work with the mechanical engineering community to develop best practices and procedures.
6. To assist in bringing legacy data up to the latest standards in line with best practice.
7. To generate ECNs and their associated documentation, (reports, drawing packs etc.) progressing them through to completion
50 3D modeling
50 Technical documentation
• Proven design experience for Injection moulded, pressed, machined and gasket parts.
• Good knowledge of materials for use in aggressive environments
• Proven design experience for small, high volume assemblies.
• Good skills and experience in designing sealed units for aggressive requirements.
• Familiarity with six sigma design and manufacturing environment and lean practices
• Design engineering skills including 3D CAD (SolidEdge / Inventor preferred)
• Knowledge of simulation tools for stress analysis.
• Knowledge of ISO drawing standards (GD&T) and ability to perform tolerance builds.
• Knowledge and experience of working within a PDM system (Smarteam preferred)
• Familiar with six sigma tools and team work activity / assessment including DFMA, DFMEA and PFMEA.
• Project management skills including excellent communication, negotiation, presentation and report writing skills.
• Fully PC literate, including standard office software.
• Good methodological approach to design, test and managing priorities.
Exempt Honeywell Educators @ Space Academy
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.