Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Why you would want this role?
Honeywell Safety and Productivity Solutions provides comprehensive solutions that enhance workplace safety and incident response, improve enterprise and workflow performance and enable greater product design innovation. Customers rely on Honeywell’s connected solutions to provide real-time safety intelligence, increase worker productivity and enrich operational intelligence with data-driven insights that enable smarter business decisions. Honeywell SPS serves customers in aerospace, automotive, commercial building, first responder, field service, healthcare, logistics, manufacturing, oil & gas, power an utilities, medical, retail, supply chain, test & measurement and transportation markets.
What are we looking for?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced NPI Sourcing Buyer to join our City Technology buying team to be based in Poole, Dorset.
What will you be doing every day?
· Process requisitions created by NPI planning team or engineering, place purchase orders in support of Supply Management and Operations.
· Work closely with and support Commodity Leaders and Region Material Leaders by providing customer/supplier feedback and assuring compliance of order placement and pricing strategy
· Maintain data integrity in ERP systems from key sourcing attributes for all new NPI and VE parts
· Setup any new suppliers in the ERP system
· As needed, negotiate with suppliers on current issues as directed by the Supply Management leaders and NPI project managers
· Work with internal cross functional teams for process improvements
· Work all invoice holds in a timely manner to prevent credit holds
· Reports project status regularly to the NPI Sourcing Global Leader and SiteSourcing Leader to ensure information for business updates is available as required
· Will be measured on all Sourcing NPI KPIs related to PO placement
25 Deliver on customer needs
25 Identify cost reduction
25 Supplier communication
25 Monitor purchase requisitions
YOU MUST HAVE
· Strong experience working with SAP – Planning, purchasing module
· Bachelor degree or equivalent higher qualification within an engineering, or industrial field
· Extensive procurement experience
· Extensive experience in Supply Chain Management
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrated manufacturing and /or engineering background
· Proven and organized approach to problem solving with an aptitude for detail and accuracy
· Ability to maintain databases and pull reports from the database
· Ability to assume responsibility and be self-motivated
· Ability to read blueprints, interpret drawing and specification requirements
· Experienced in matrix organization
· Familiar with Honeywell, and products
· Understanding of Gas sensors, and detection products
· Multilingual would be advantageous
· Global procurement supply chain exposure
· Analytical approach, and understanding
Exempt Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.