Sr Technical Support Specialist -Avionics
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The position is a customer facing role, where you will provide value to our customers by driving satisfaction and effortless experience. You will provide technical support to investigate and resolve technical issues remotely as a member of our Aerospace Technical Support global network, resolving customer issues by phone, email, deployment to customer locations, and remote connections. You will also develop customer relationships to fully understand and support their technical support needs. You will drive organizational knowledge by capturing and sharing knowledge gained during issue resolution process.
Support ATS Team on network responding to email and phone inquiries from customers. Provide on-site field service support by deploying to customer aircraft locations to resolve complex technical issues. Build relationships with regional customers with regularly scheduled calls and face to face visits/meetings. Capture and use knowledge gained from resolving technical issues.
50 Support ATS Team on network responding
20 Provide on-site field service support
20 Build relationships
10 Capture and use knowledge gained
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related technical field or equivalent level of practical aircraft avionics troubleshooting experience
- 10+ years business aviation avionics maintenance experience
- Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status
- Experience troubleshooting EMS Satcom, MCS Satcom, High Speed Data (HD-710), and Cabin Gateway and Router Products (CNX-200, etc)
- Experience troubleshooting Primus EPIC, Primus APEX, P1000, P2000, EGPWS, Flight Controls-Autopilots, TCAS/Transponders, Radar, Com/Nav systems.
- Significant experience with design & development, product test, and/or field support for Avionic products.
- Pilot License
- Six Sigma Greenbelt Certified or LEAN experience
- Strong communications and situational leadership skills to facilitate/influence decisions
- Familiarity with SalesForceDotCom (SFDC), Avaya System
- Program Management experience
- Diverse Avionics product experience
- Strong customer-centric mindset
- Ability to proactively evaluate circumstances and drive resolution of issues
- Self- motivated, results oriented and able to lead a team with little or no management oversight.
- Ability to multi-task and be efficient and highly effective in completing work activities.
- Rapid and accurate problem solver.
- Demonstrated business acumen.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill with ability to positively influence others.
- Can communicate effectively and confidently with different levels (senior leadership to shop floor technicians).
- Can push back with customer in a professional manner and find elegant solutions to complex issues that support HON business directives AND satisfy customer's needs.
- Ability to think clearly and remain professional under stress induced and time pressured situations.
- Can defuse high tension situations and is a settling influence in a crisis.
- Actively seeks out and looks for growth opportunities and works with sales personnel in next steps.
- Ability to travel at short notice to support customer issues including aircraft on ground
- Ability to work non-standard hours (some after hours, weekends and holidays) as needed
- Ability to interact and respect different cultures while delivering business results
- Proven track record in demonstrating customer satisfaction skills with high visibility customers; ability to establish credibility and maintain strong customer relationships
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.Nonexempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Some Travel Required
- Remote Access Required
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req139024
- Category: Customer/Product Support
- Location: 21111 N. 19th Ave (Deer Valley), Phoenix, AZ 85027 USA and Houston, TX
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.