Sr Project Management Specialist
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
As Honeywell Project Manager you will be responsible for ensuring we have the right team of trained people providing solutions; managing project schedules, financial plans, manpower plans, project implementation and close-out documentation.
In this position you will need the skills to perform in each of the following areas of responsibility:
- Direct all phases of projects / programs from inception through completion.
- Responsible for the cost,schedule and performance of company projects/programs or subsystems of major programs.
- Participate in the negotiation of contract and contract changes.
- Coordinate the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Act as primary customer contact for project / program activities, leading project/program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and performance.
- Review status of projects and budgets, manages schedules and prepares status reports.
- Assess project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer needs.
- Serve as a liaison between project management the project team, and line management.
- Manage multiple generally small to mid-size size projects.
- Manages assigned technician work force, supports sales, estimating and customer acquisition.
- Manage customer relationships including any technical or logistical issues that may arise.
- Estimate projects in advance & justify and discuss project with all levels.
- Act as the 'project champion' to manage all work and ensure a timely, on budget, high quality complete project.
- Interact with customers and manage subcontractors to efficiently and effectively complete the project on time, ahead of schedule and with a satisfied customer.
- Develop and manage multiple projects & schedules.
- Develop or refine Scope of Work (SOW) for projects to meet customer needs.
- Health, safety and statutory compliance.
Frequent travel to surrounding Phoenix area and occasional travel to Denver & Las Vegas.
20 Project Management
20 Project Planning
20 Customer Support
20 Facilitate Team Alignment
20 Deliver Status Reports
YOU MUST HAVE
- 2 year degree, or in lieu of degree, 5 years technical industry experience.
- 2 years of project management, engineering experience, or technical industry experience.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Attention to detail and be very organized to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Strong electrical or mechanical background to be able to troubleshoot systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and be very organized in work flow and documentation process.
- Computer literate and be able to use a variety of software packages.
- Self-starter and be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Able to provide written costs estimates, supporting narrative justifications, and proposals as necessary.
- Able to work multiple projects simultaneously in a lean administrative environment.
- Effective and proven relationship building skills.
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- Some Travel Required
- 1st Shift
- Job ID: HRD24571
- Category: Customer/Product Support
- Location: 21111 N. 19th Ave (Deer Valley), Phoenix, AZ 85027 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.