Engineering Program Manager
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
This position is for an Engineering Program Manager on the SATCOM team within the Services and Connectivity organization. The Engineering Program Manager will be responsible for planning and execution of SATCOM programs.
- The successful candidate will have a background in Systems Integration engineering, with the following strong knowledge of Project Engineering (PE) skills.
- Provides leadership and oversight for medium complexity projects where the majority of the work is performed by various functional engineers and technical experts located at multiple locations.
- Managing cost, schedule and technical aspects of the customer specific elements of the program, including detailed program work scope, schedule milestones, earned value methodology, risk/opportunity, staffing, and budget.
- Interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with the Program Management, Cost Account Managers, other PEs, and customers to ensure that engineering and the business are tied out for the program (MAT, fill rate, schedules, spending, IPDS Phase Gates, etc.)
- Enforcing strict scope control management, following the formal change review process deployed on the program. This will involve creating Program Change Requests (PCRs), attending CCBs or requirement and scope changes, and integrating changes into the program costs and schedule.
- Providing technical guidance/oversight to programs and interfacing with Lead System Engineers (LSE), HW Engineers, ETS Engineers, Software Engineers, and Mechanical Engineers to ensure requirements, design, implementation and V&V are completed with quality per the program schedule.
- Coordinating and leading Quotation Estimates (QE) by following the Request for Proposal (RFP) process for new business and working with Lead System Engineer (LSE) for Statement of Work (SOW) and Job Analysis (JA).
- Working with stakeholders including customers, marketing, suppliers, and program management.
- Setting program commitments and priorities with functional focals, holding them accountable for their performance.
Mentors other Project engineers on the fundamental project engineering principals.
15 Schedule and Milestone development/mgmt
10 Estimation development and analysis
50 Project team leadership
10 Customer Interaction
15 Subcontract management
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Aerospace, Business Administration
- 8+ years in engineering with strong emphasis on prior engineering project leadership experience
- Working knowledge of overall engineering disciplines – hardware, software, systems development for the product line highly desired
- Knowledge of Ka-band SATCOM systems is desired
- Experience with Project scheduling tools essential
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Excellent customer interface skills
- Excellent communications skills; both to employees and to management
- Very knowledgeable in the areas of cost, schedule, and resource management preferred
- Previous experience in managing aircraft certifications is beneficial
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.Exempt Honeywell Aerospace Overview
- Some Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift
- Job ID: HRD26778
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 21111 N. 19th Ave (Deer Valley), Phoenix, AZ 85027 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.