Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The software and controls Technical Support Engineer is a position within the service department which focuses on responding and resolving customer issues through adept technical troubleshooting and resourcefulness while being responsive, available and eager to assist the customer. This position is also responsible for documentation and content creation for various service documents to support both the customer and other company personnel. This role supports both the United Sortation Solutions and Eurosort line of products and its associated partnered vendors.
Customer Service (Priority, 65%)
· Answers support phone line as well as any voicemail throughout each business day
· Responds to customer service calls (during day and off business hours)
· Ensures timely response to customers (i.e. Adhering to Customer Service Level Agreements
· Troubleshoot system issues (i.e. Diagnose trouble or defect, determine corrective action and either recommend corrective action or repair system)
· Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on system and components when tasked
· Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades and adjustments on equipment and components following issued tasking, maintenance, trouble shooting and installation instructions.
· Performs system checkout and commissioning of system startups for install jobs when tasked
· If improper operation is due to another system or component, discuss problem with customer and advise the best course of action.
Documentation (Secondary, 35%)
· Completes and submits service ticket information in the company designated call handling system (for non-warranty as well as warranty products).
· Documentation to include such items as Issue, Resolution, Date/Time ticket closed/resolved
· Contribute to the completion of service manuals, service readiness documentation, field service bulletins, parts replacement procedures, etc.
· Escalates issues to Service Manager
· Comply with the company safety procedures
· Set an example of company culture with integrity and professional competence
· Adhere to company policies & procedures
· Must be able and willing to travel and work at customer sites
25 Facilitate issue identification and analysis
25 Investigate and resolve technical issues
25 Track requests resolution
25 Build relationships with customers
Nonexempt Discover Honeywell Intelligrated
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.