IT Program Manager
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Manage a portfolio of multiple projects / program ranging from large-scale highly complex to small-scale IT projects/ program(s) with integration across several functional areas and/or organizations while serving as a leader for the IT project managers and IT project leaders.
Summary of Duties:
- Directs the integration of IT project plans and overall execution of multiple IT project/ programs
- Working with the business, provides overall IT leadership for the development and implementation of integrated enterprise-wide business technology solutions
- Develops IT project/program strategy
- Integrates the development of IT project standards, procedures and quality objectives across multiple IT project(s)/ program(s) and organizations
- Integrates IT project plans, schedules, cost and organization-wide metrics across multiple IT projects(s)/ program(s) and organizations
- Provides formalized, continuing work direction and leadership to assigned IT project leaders(s)/team including scheduling, assignment of work, and review of IT project work
- Tracks and reports on IT project portfolio status and metrics to senior management
- Negotiates for financial, physical or human resources to support multiple IT projects/or organizational objectives or a program (within and across organizational boundaries)
- Takes action on potential risks and issues and provides proposals for solution to senior management if escalation is required
- Holds team members accountable for use of defined IT project management processes and process improvement techniques such as PMBOK, six sigma tools and SEI-CMM processes
- Assesses overall customer satisfaction, IT project success, and performance of project team
- Develops and maintains a productive working relationship with project and program sponsors, customers, vendors and other key stakeholders
Directly supervises associates and performs other managerial responsibilities including interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems
20 Portfolio Management
25 Working relationships with customers and vendors
30 Understanding of IT governance and organization
10 Portfolio / Program / Project Management tool expertise
15 Mentor / coach project leaders and IT Project Manager
You Must Have:
- U.S. citizenship required to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” Level security clearance
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in an IT Project, Program management, or Leadership role managing complex IT project or products through delivery
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in the field of Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering or Physical Science with a minimum of 24 semester hours of computer-related courses
- Project Management Certification or in lieu of PMP: Agile or Portfolio Management certification
- Comprehension and understanding of the Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK) processes for effective project management
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, organizational, and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Must be able to interact tactfully with all levels of management and be able to handle a variety of diversified assignments
- Full understanding of IT project or product management processes
- Advanced knowledge of project management practices, principles, and tools
- Experience managing complex IT portfolio is preferred
- Proven ability to manage large teams within a matrix environment
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Some Travel Required
- 1st Shift
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req134629
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: 6700 W 115th St, Overland Park, KS 66211 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.