Electrical Component Engineer- Purchased Products
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Executes a variety of moderately complex and complex engineering assignments and provides detailed instructions in the design and/or project management of new and current projects, products, programs, components and acceptance equipment under technical guidance of higher level engineers or departmental management
Summary of Duties:
- Participate in establishing and reviewing specifications for new products and components
- Reviews test procedures and product and process capability studies, audits, product or project data reviews, and other engineering evaluation work
- Prepares reports, analyzes discrepancies, and makes recommendations for product, procedures and manufacturing or operating processes that improve productivity and quality and reduce flow time
- Assists in the preparation of product or project definitions, manufacturing drawings and specifications, and test equipment designs
- Interacts with and presents to design agencies, suppliers and/or internal organizations such as the Integrated Supply
- Chain to assist in resolving design, development, production and acceptance issues
- Provides technical assistance in appropriate assigned field; Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding technological advances that improve productivity and quality, reduce flow time, and enhance operational surety;
Influences technical direction and decision–making
20 Plan and execute project tasks
20 Assist product and process certification
20 Ensure project and product compliance
20 Establish and follow methodologies
20 Propose technical improvements
YOU MUST HAVE
- US citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Department of Energy “Q” level security clearance
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related (e.g., Computer; Aerospace) from an ABET accredited institution, or BS Physics.
- Two (2) or more years of applied experience in progressively challenging engineering roles in a technical or manufacturing environment
- Advanced degree in engineering or engineering management
- Experience interacting with and presenting to multiple levels of technical stakeholders and customers
- Experience connecting design to manufacturing, driving consistency, reliability and producibility
- Interest in and willingness to undertake variety of engineering assignments (e.g., product, process, leadership) through the course of career
- Experience managing interface with vendors; acquisition of COTS materials, components and devices (for some positions)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Some Travel Required
- Relocation Provided
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req137368
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 6700 W 115th St, Overland Park, KS 66211 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.