Deliver business value through Right and Fast partnership
Plans and executes the procurement of standard and custom materials and/or services which may be of a technical or specialized nature, or standard items altered or customized to meet specific needs and specifications. Transactions may require negotiations, typically range up to $100,000, and include federal regulations not required in commercial purchases. Develops and executes a procurement strategy that provides the best value and optimizes inventory turns.
- Performs all procurement activities and administers purchase orders in conformance with the Federal Manufacturing & Technologies (FM&T) purchasing procedures and policies by analyzing requisitions/planning messages and related drawings and specifications; issuing requests for proposals; identifying/selecting suppliers; determining the type of order to be issued; negotiating prices, terms and conditions, and delivery schedules; and placing purchase orders.
- Assures product delivery
- Negotiates and communicates delivery schedule changes as necessary
- Negotiates settlements on rejected material and claims resulting from purchase order changes or terminations
- Plans, schedules, and reschedules orders utilizing ERP planning recommendations
- Approves supplier invoices for payment when necessary
- Initiates and coordinates discussions between suppliers and respective FM&T departments involving procurement related problems
- Analyzes pricing, production, and inventory trends to assure competent supply sources and economical procurement, and conducts market surveys to identify new sources of supply
- Develops and provides input to the purchased material budget as appropriate to assure commitment or incurrences as required
- Prepares reports as requested by supervision or as required by procedures
- Serves as a full-time member of respective purchased product teams and is involved in the implementation of strategic supplier management concepts
- Travels as necessary
- Interaction with internal next assembly users, Product Engineering, Program Management, Product and Field Quality, Accounting and the Design Agency for requirements clarification, planning, product status reviews and problem resolution
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to "stop" work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
Honeywell is a multi-site business. This position may sit in an office in Kansas City, MO or Overland Park, KS, and selected individuals may need to work in both offices as required.
10 Approves supplier invoices
60 Administers purchase orders
15 Analyzes pricing, production, and inventory trends
15 Provides guidance and training
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's degree
- US Citizenship in order to obtain & maintain a DOE-Q Security Clearance
- One + year experience at the Buyer level with consistent achievement of high quality results on assigned responsibilities
- Working knowledge of purchasing procedures, products, services and strategic supplier management
- Experience in manufacturing environment
- Experience in Supply Chain Management
- Prior experience using Microsoft Office products
- Prior experience using PeopleSoft
- Prior experience in federal procurement a plus
- Experience in procurement at a Buyer level
Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Some Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift
- Job ID: req149077
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: 6700 W 115th St, Overland Park, KS 66211 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.