Design solutions to drive safe living and quality of life
We are looking for a Commodity Manager to support the packaging commodities. The position is within the Home and Building Technologies – Environmental & Energy Solutions working on Supply Chain initiatives. The role will report into an EMEA Commodity Director and align projects with the regional strategy.
Manages the commodity spend for packaging suppliers. Will be the focal point in sourcing to communicate the preferred suppliers and their capabilities. Will work with the Director to align activities to the commodity specificstrategy. Will work to implement Supply Chain Management strategy to achieve lowest total costs, effective asset management, continuous quality improvement, delivery, and cycle time performance improvement and early supplier involvement in product development.
Commodities: labels, instruction sheets, inserts, clam shell, corrugate, die cut liner, nameplates, polybags.
Duties include leading efforts to:
· Leading the commodity team, create sourcing strategy to include preferred supplier base
· Create annual plan to drive spend to preferred supplier base, align the best fit supplier’s business at the same time balancing Emerging Regions spend department targets.
· Experience of running business alignment events (BAE) with suppliers / site based teams to take cost out through specification / part elimination / negotiation
· Lead initiatives for key metrics around supplier PPV for the sourcing department and the factories.
· Work with the regional category specialists to implement supplier changes.
· Work with the NPI buyers to locate new suppliers as necessary.
· Quote multiple preferred suppliers to support SOX compliance competitively.
· Communicate and negotiate requirements to the suppliers to align with purchasing contracts.
· Negotiate up front the factory needs to support HOS activities and reduced LT.
· Align Honeywell working capital goals driving suppliers to Net 90 or above.
· Coordinate with Supplier Development Engineer on supplier development needs to insure quality parts and delivery.
25 Manage Site Category and Commodity Strategies
25 Ensure Relationship development and management with key Supplier Leaderships
25 Manage Supplier selection, RFQ and RFI process, Negotiation, Contracting and supplier performance pr
25 Align with Site Sales, Marketing, Technology, Business, Operations, Finance and Quality and Other Ho
· bachelor degree
· 5 years + experience in commodity management
· Travel 25-30% of time
Preferred additional Qualifications:
· College degree, preferably a MBA in Business or Engineering related field. Additional sourcing qualifications a bonus.
· CPM and/or APICS certification a plus.
· Strong commodity knowledge, experience project managing transition of suppliers, - production and /or processes.
· Strong project management skills and organization.
· Experience of managing spend at multiple manufacturing locations, excellent teaming abilities.
· Strong communication and leadership skills
· Ability to work comfortably in a highly matrixed and remote organizational environment.
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.