Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Finance Manager – AM Research Chemicals
The Advanced Materials SBU is a $2.5B+ global business comprised of six primary segments: Fluorine Products, Packaging & Composites, Electronic Materials, Specialty Additives, Fine Chemicals, and Research Chemicals. The Research Chemicals (RC) segment generates sales $100M+ globally and is expected to grow significantly over the coming years.
This Finance Manager role, located in Morris Plains, NJ is the lead finance role for RC and reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer of Advanced Materials and dotted line to the RC General Manager. This role will have full responsibility for the RC financials (P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow)
•Act as the lead financial advisor to the RC leadership team, provide financial leadership and drive financial performance of this segment
•Provide financials analysis, reporting and decision-making support for key business activities including:
o Sales and margin analysis
o Customer & Product-line profitability analysis
o Commercial Deal Analysis (pricing, terms, level of service, value capture)
o Business Case Development around new business capture and growth opportunities
o Provide financial analysis and support to the segment’s organization in the SIOP process,specifically in the area of demand forecasting
o Drive Working Capital performance and MOS
o Lead the segment’s Annual Operating Plan (AOP) process as well as actively participate in thesegment’s Strategic Plan (STRAP) process
o Foster a strong internal control environment within the segments. Key areas include controls inrevenue recognition, sales accounting, commercial contract management and financial reportingprocesses
o Proactively support business segments with ad hoc analysis related to new contracts, royaltypayments and product pricing adjustments
o Provide financial support to the segment’s business development activities to include acquisitionfinancial modeling, due diligence and coordination with PMT Controllers department on acquisitionaccounting
o Manage and develop two direct reports
50 Analyze SBG-SBU Performance
25 Present to Leadership Training
25 Develop detailed fin models
- MBA / CPA is preferred but not required
- Ability to initiate and lead projects/teams, drive actions and provide recommendations for decision
- Strong attention to detail and ability to understand/interpret complex data and communicate it in a simple way across functional groups
- Self-motivated, results-oriented individual who independently develops solutions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced organization
- Ability to manage multiple, critical projects simultaneously, re-prioritizing as required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively and confidently with all levels of the organization.
- Proactively questions current practices; identifies root cause issues and process improvement opportunities
- Strong skills in financial IT applications, particularly SAP (or an equivalent ERP system), Hyperion and
- Excel financial models
Exempt Honeywell Educators @ Space Academy
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.