Director, External Communications PMT
Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
We are seeking qualified candidates for an exciting opportunity as an External Communications Director to drive the development and execution of communications for media relations and crisis communications within Honeywell Performance Materials and Technologies (PMT), a global leader in providing advanced materials, process technologies and automation solutions. The business also delivers a portfolio of advanced solutions via Honeywell Connected Plant, which helps the company’s industrial customers turn data into insight that enables plants to run more efficiently and reliably. Located in Morris Plains, this position reports to Honeywell’s Vice President of External Communications as well as to the Senior Director of PMT Communications.
This position’s primary responsibilities are to:
- Develop global communications strategies that are strongly linked to business strategy and performance requirements, including positioning Honeywell as a leading provider of Connected Plant solutions across its global markets.
- Coordinate and facilitate public relations agency relationships, budgetandagency resources on a global basis to ensure PMT’s communications strategies and media relations objectives are achieved.
- Lead development and execution of a comprehensive media relations program for key PMT businesses and leaders to position the business with key external audiences, build brand strength and thought leadership, and recruit great talent to the organization.
- Work closely with the Customer Marketing organization to launch new products and support multi-channel campaigns by creating, executing, tracking and measuring proactive external communications plans as part of an integrated Marcom strategy.
- Serve astrustedadvisor by providing ongoing external communications counsel and support to senior business leadership, including strategic planning, messaging, speechwriting, and presentation material.
- Identify, leverage and integrate video, digital, social media and other appropriate platforms to increase the effectiveness and timeliness of communications.
- Develop proactive and reactive communications strategies that address issues affecting the company's reputation, crisis response and issues management activities.
- Serve as a strategic communications advisor to business leadership by tracking key issues, analyzing potential media implications, and developing key messages in coordination with business communicators
- Serve as the primary spokesperson when applicable.
- Collaborate with global and domestic business communicators within PMT and across the rest of Honeywell.
- Develop, mentor and manage a team within Honeywell’s External Communications Center of Excellence that provides the PMT business with best practices, supportandstrong in-house external relations talent
Ability to travel 10-15% of your time.
30 Manage Annual Operating Plan
35 Develop PR strategy and vision
35 Manage PR Professionals
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications,orpublic relations
- Minimum of 10 years of Communications or Public Relations experience developing, implementing and measuring communications plans and programs
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in managing others.
- Master’s degree in journalism, communications, business administration, and/or marketing a plus.
- Experience in both executive communications and external media relations.
- Experience operating within a matrixed, global corporate environment.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as evidenced by past experience and writing samples.
- Strong verbal communications skills, as well as excellent presentation skills.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to strategically interface with and influence key stakeholders, particularly at the executive level.
- Ability to identify, assess, understand and make appropriate recommendations to meet employee and business communication needs.
- Experiencecreating effective messaging for internal and external audiences and managing a range of communication media including face-to-face (town halls, executive speeches), print, online, social and multimedia.
- Excellent project management skills, and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Problem solvingskills, withspecificfocus on developing new, creative ways to drive communications in a changing business environment.
- Sound judgment and business maturity to protect the company's reputation during crisis situations.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to build teamwork and trust.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a virtual team.
- Demonstrated leadership skills to lead work groups and teams, as well as working across functions and disciplines.
- Positive attitude and willingness to embrace change.
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: HRD36629
- Category: Communications
- Location: 115 Tabor Road, Morris Plains, NJ 07950 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.