I. * *Purpose of the Job
A challenging position in Sales, acting as the primary interface between our customers and the business, supporting and advising our existing customers and working closely with distributors as well as expanding our distribution channels. This position will focus on key industries in the region and maintain our business in these areas.
II. * *Principal Responsibilities
1. Act as the primary interface between our customers and the business
2. Support and advise existing customers, and regularly visit customers within the defined region, supported by a professional sales organisation for the European region
3. Independently identify and acquire new customers
4. Work closely with existing distributors as well as reviewing and expanding our distribution network
5. Build and maintain long term relationships with existing customers, distributors and customer advice & support
6. Responsible for developing a sales strategy for a defined region, identifying new and existing sales opportunities
III. * *Principal Networks & Contact Links
· Internal Sales Support
· BW Technologies Sales Team
· Fixed Gas Detection Sales Team
· Government Safety Bodies
· Intercompany “Synergy” partners – Honeywell Safety Products, Honeywell Process Solutions
IV. * *Geographic Scope & Travel Requirements
Work from home office, spending 4 days on the road-visiting customers in a specified territory (T.B.A).
V. * *Key Performance Measures
· Sales against Budget
· Sales Growth
· Execution of Sales Action Plan SMART objectives
· Management of Sales Pipeline
· New account growth
I. * *Education Required (academic and/or technical education)
· Commercial apprenticeship with a strong technical background and experience and/or vice versa
II. * *Work Experience Required (area and length of experience)
· Min. 3 years direct sales experience dealing with end users and distributors
· Proven track record in selling to end users in industry, with good exposure to both distribution and direct sales channels
· Several years’ experience working within the safety equipment industry (personal protection equipment preferred) within heavy industry environment (oil, petrochemical etc.)
· Experience in working in the Gas Detection industry as an advantage
· Ability to build long-term customer relationships at all levels of an organisation
· Collect information and inform Marketing function about market requests and competition
III. * *Technical Skills & Specific Knowledge Required (specific skills and knowledge required for the position)
· Good technical background
· Experienced Sales professional
· PC-literate (MS Office, Internet)
IV. * *Behavioural Competencies Required (e.g. organisational skills, ability to lead a team, etc.)
· Strong customer orientation, with a customer-first attitude - listen, responsive, pro-active, persuasive, innovative
· Excellent communication and listening skills - verbal, written and formal presentations
· High level of negotiation skills on all levels of an organisation
· Ability to work in a high growth environment
· Creative and result driven
· Self-starter individual with the ability to work independently, accountable and real ability to take full responsibilities
· Ability to build, grow and use a network of relevant contacts
V. * *Language Requirements (written and spoken skills)
· Fluent in written and spoken Italian (mother-tongue preferred)
· Good written and verbal English skills
VI. * *Others
· Flexible to travel a significant amount of time (75%)
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.