Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The Project Cost Controls Specialist will be assigned to multiple projects within the region, and functionally report to the Mexico/Andean Projects Controls manager in Mexico City. Cost Control Specialist will work closely with program and project managers, finance, contracts, sourcing and customer support organizations. The successful candidate will also be responsible for maintaining project cost control tools used to measure actuals, forecast and track project related work. Work is primarily office based, but may require occasional travel to customer facilities.
• Advanced project cost control skills and abilities to function in a dynamic project environment supporting several businesses concurrently.
• Must be a motivated individual with a commitment to quality and meeting deadlines.
• Accountable for accuracy & timely delivery of all project estimates, cost, forecast, revenue, and billing reports on assigned project portfolio.
• Ensure that all project control activities such as cost management and control, invoicing and change management are executed timely and in accordance with all company processes, standards and contractual requirements.
• Able to analyse project Incurred to Date (ITD) costs and estimate to complete (ETC) costs. Ensure quality of projects Estimate at Completion (EAC) cost forecast analysis.
• Support Project Managers in managing and maximizing project margins and cash flow.
• Support the Project Management team in maintaining timely and effective change management processes, procedures and systems.
• Develop and maintain status reports including: cost performance, project schedule status, financial analysis and earned value curves.
• Actively participate in project review and gating meetings. Provides clear, accurate project assessments and give proactive advice to drive successful project completion.
• Perform project risk analysis, develop project contingency budgets and curves.
• Assist other project controls team members as required.
• Work with Operations and Finance to assist in Business Planning & Analysis
• Participates in internal and external audits.
• Development of project controls tools & methodology
• Working with Program/Project Managers to produce accurate cost estimates for change orders and maintaining change & risk logs
50 Project control activities such as cost & invoicing.
30 Support the Project Management team
20 Schedules Developing and Updates
YOU MUST HAVE
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Science or Engineering, Finance or Accounting or related field.
Advanced English (Spoken & Written). Need to be able to conduct business and communicate in English when required.
•Experience in business/finance analyst position.
•Ability to influence at varying levels across the organization.
•Ability to work in a large, remote and diverse team in a matrix work environment.
•User experience of SAP system.
•Experience in financial data compilation, analysis and metrics management.
•Experience in usage of Earned value metrics, Estimate at completion growth and Milestone Fidelity
Between 3 and 5 years of Experience in oil & gas industry, EPC project environment, Automation or Electronics industry preferred
• Working knowledge of accepted project controls methodologies & practices
• Highly motivated, self-starter, dependable, proactive, and committed to high standards
• MS Office & MS Project
• SAP Project Modules
• Good analytical skills and knowledge of contracts, cost estimating, tracking and control
• Finance & Cash Flow - concepts, processes, planned, actual, forecast
• Communication skills – oral, written, and presentation
• Negotiation & conflict management skills
Nonexempt Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.