Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the Homes and Global Distribution team at Honeywell! Homes and Global Distribution is a leader in the home heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) controls and security markets, and a leading global distributor of security and fire protection products.
In 2018, Honeywell will be spinning off the Homes and Global Distribution business into a stand-alone, publicly traded company. Being a stand-alone company will provide the business the independence, focus, direct financial resources, and flexibility required to adapt quickly to market and customer dynamics, and we want you to be part of its evolution.
Overall responsibility for reporting of consolidated actual financials (P&L, balance sheet, cash flow, supplemental, headcount) for HOMES to the Corporate Controllers Dept and management via Hyperion Enterprise/HFM applications. Includes overall review, coordination, consolidation and reporting to Corporate Office of all quarterly 10Q and annual 10K related schedule disclosures and all miscellaneous governmental reporting.
- Maintain expertise in financial reporting related corporate policies as well as rules and regulations promulgated by the FASB, SEC, and other authoritative accounting bodies. Ensure ACS organization is completely aligned with Corporate Controllers’ Office expectations in all areas of monthly financial reporting (P&L, Balance Sheet, cash flow, supplemental, including all measurement inputs / calculations, besides financial book accounts).
- Act as focal point between Corporate Consolidations Group and business entities for all monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting queries and reporting changes. Communicate and coordinate all reporting changes with the field and in Hyperion to satisfy corporate requirements.
- Oversight of Hyperion Administrator function who maintains the reporting application (Enterprise, HFM). This includes review, approval of all changes to accounts, entities, organization structures, metrics, calculations, and coordination with the FP&A group on maintenance schedule to support estimating and planning in the application also.
- Specific monthly functions include: review of (sensitive) reporting line items in P&L, balance sheet (including equity movements), cash flow block review/explanations, inter/intra company review, statistical roll-forwards for validation to NEWCO, headcount, etc. to ensure accurate reporting to corporate.
- Provide direction/supervision to analyst(s) for completion of miscellaneous governmental reporting (Hart-Scott, bureau of census—BE11A, B, C; 577, 93, 22, ACE-1, etc.) requests.
- Review all account reconciliations of top-level investment/equity eliminations.
- Provide guidance to staff on handling various ad-hoc consolidation accounting and reporting issues/queries.
Interface with external auditors on various quarterly and annual queries.
20 Approve of books of accounts
20 Drive timely month close
20 Drive compliance
20 Perform variance analysis
20 Participate in Internal audits
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting-related discipline.
- 7+ years of accounting & consolidation experience.
- 2+ years of managerial responsibility.
- CPA or CMA.
- SAP and Hyperion knowledge.
- Business controls awareness.
- Masters degree in Finance.
- Ability to present complex analysis with clarity.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to understand accounting and financial processes related to the business.
- Knowledge of US GAAP Sarbes-Oxley and Internal controls.
- Good oral and written communication.
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift
- Job ID: HRD32795
- Category: Finance
- Location: 2 Corporate Center Dr, Melville, NY 11747 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.