Business Developer Manager - Connected Buildings
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
For our business in Spain ( Madrid ) we are currently looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and strongly driven sales professional to join our team as a Centraline and Saia Burgess Control (SBC) Business Development Manager .
This role requires you to promote our range of Centraline and Saia Burgess Control products and software solutions by creating market demand through End Users, Facility Management Contractors, Building Owners and Specifiers.
You will be reporting to the Business Development Leader and being part of the Spain Sales Team, you will need to be able to work to individual targets but have the ability to operate in a close knit team environment.
You will need to be highly motivated, an excellent communicator, be able to operate independently, be organized and have a track record in selling or working with Building Energy Management products or energy related solutions in the building controls industry . You should be able to generate new sales avenues and new customers from scratch, and be able to demonstrate successful customer acquisition strategies. You need to be able to demonstrate the ability to manage and generate demand successfully through End Users, FM Contractors, Building Owners and Specifiers, delivering high standards of customer care.
- Business Development activity is the key element of this role:
- Promoting BEMS solutions to Engineering Consultants, End-users and Contractors.
- Be able to present to Consultants and End Users customers a wide range of technical and commercial seminars and be able to demonstrate the development of an influencing network within each customer.
- Writing of technical specifications to meet the needs of specifiers and end users.
- Running exhibition stands.
- Strategic identification and acquisition of new customers.
As Business Developer representative you will have to generate the demand by :
- Achievement of Quarterly sales, margin, cash and personal performance targets.
- Manage a portfolio of existing Centraline and SBC relationships and identification of new relationship opportunities to produce the required turnover and necessary growth for the business.
- Delivery of CPD seminars to Specifiers and participate in regional and National promotional events.
- Deliver year on year growth in specific product range sectors.
- Identify potential New Customers, Consultants and Specifiers and convert them to long-term customer or specifiers for CL & SBC Products.
- Identify potential end users that recognize the value of working thought the indirect channel or partner channel.
- Business development focused on promote SI activity over Consultants and specifiers in order to improve production of specification including CL in the vendor list.
- Enlarge the base of new SIs in to the region.
- Develop business opportunities in existing and new customers/market sectors within the region.
- Prospect new sales opportunities for new builds, refurbishments and upgrade projects for BMS.
- Contribute to product sales, projects sales, connected buildings services and post occupancy program sales.
- Contribute to BMS strategy and implementation via research efforts and business development.
- Prepare and maintain a business development plan for all the existing accounts.
- Maximize effective use of individual and team time/workload.
- Contribute to regional team sales meetings on a regular basis.
- Secure sign off to all commercial proposals/deals as per Honeywell process.
- Penetrate the customer vertically and horizontally to build strong active relationships that can be leveraged to gain commitment to the proposed plans.
- Build and agree Joint Business plans aligned to the customers’ and Honeywell’s objectives and targets – manage and close these plans quarterly with the customer.
- Be the expert on your customer(s) and champion their needs within Honeywell.
- Make the account plan a reality. Specifically: Revenue (AOP target), Opportunities identification, opportunities conversion, spend and gross profit as agreed, “Vital Few” strategies and plans (3-5 years), secure agreed NPD targets.
- Identify gaps early and close quickly to deliver consistent results in line with budget/roles.
- Leverage the contact strategy to help secure deals.
- Motivate and leverage other internal human resources to support delivery of the account plan.
- Back all proposals with a commercial proposal/value proposition to secure deals.
- Ensure all activity, opportunities, plans and strategies are recorded and updated weekly on SFDC.
Meeting company expectations in terms of ‘Standard of Performance’.
25 Attend (trade shows, seminars, events) & Campaign Management
50 Visit Customers & Search for New Customers
25 Customer Reporting & Customer Account Management
YOU MUST HAVE
- Engineering degree in Automation , Electronics , Electrical or relevant working experience
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a Key account management / Business developer position - Experience within allocated accounts or similar and Key Account Planning
- Experience in providing Building Energy Management Systems OR electrical and/or Software solutions for building management systems .
- Fluency in English and Spanish
WE HIGHLY VALUE
- Commercial management and Strategy development
- Preferably demonstrable sales experience in a high-pressure environment, be able to demonstrate exceeding targets and innovation towards relationship management
- Highly commercially minded, be able to demonstrate the core selling skills and relationship management skills required for this demanding role and have a structured approach to selling and account management.
- Must be highly motivated to win, driven from within to contribute, hit targets and assist the wider team as required.
- Experience in demand generation by identifying new opportunities in vertical markets, market segments, regions, etc…
- Experience of with Value Propositions and selling proposals
- Strong Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs
- Desirable trained in core Sales Management areas: customer meeting process, needs creation, negotiation, customer influence and building account plans, customer events, marketing knowledge.
- Technical skills
- Desirable Use of SFDC/CRM system
- Experience with cloud Software and Services (e.g.: IoT services, cloud solutions, etc.)
YOUR ATTITUDE :
- Results orientated and driven combined with flexibility to adapt quickly to changing circumstances
- Natural inclination to sell
- Excellent relationship builder
- Proactive, confident coupled with strong verbal and presentation skills.
- Tough – will not be intimidated by large customers
- Understanding of/interest in sustainability issues
- Passionate about contributing to the delivery of Honeywell’s mission
- Clear and logical thinker with a good numeric ability. Supported by a rounded commercial awareness
- Personable and Team oriented.
- Leadership – Shows Leadership to cross functional diverse teams
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- Extensive Travel Required
- Job ID: req152022
- Category: Sales
- Location: C/Josefa Valcarcel, 24, Madrid, 28 28027 ESP
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.