Senior Technology Specialist
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The position of Technology Specialist (Gas Processing) plays a key role in providing technical support to UOP licensed operating units to keep them operating safely and profitably. Technology Specialist’s work closely with the Regional Service Managers and other Technology Services Process Specialists to provide expertise to the customer and meet their needs. The position will include regular interaction with UOP's external customers within the region and with UOP personnel worldwide. The Position will report to the FOS/TS Manager in Kuala Lumpur and will maintain close communication and interaction with Des Plaines Technology Services Managers. The position will be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Evaluating commercial operations of gas processing units (integrated gas complexes, Separex/AGFS/Benfield/Adsorbents & UOPR NGL units) through remote monitoring or on-site troubleshooting, of UOP technology to assist customers in achieving their goals.
- Assisting in the preparation of technical information for Technical Proposals.
- Champion changes & improvements in technologies supported via innovation [MOIs], lessons learned, and feedback of field data to R&D and Engineering.
- Serve as the focal point for office-based support of new unit and revamped unit startups from pre-commissioning through guarantee acceptance.
- Assist in rectifying guarantee resolution problems by participating in problem investigation and development of solutions.
- Capture and provide information for Regional Services and Technology Services metrics.
- Participate in customer meetings.
- Participate in Engineering review meetings for new units and revamps including Design Basis, PFD, P&ID, HAZOP and others.
- Review, analyze and provide feedback on commercial unit operating data.
- Provide both office-based and on-site troubleshooting assistance to commercial units.
- Conduct on-site commercial unit audits.
- Provide on-site support for turnarounds, performance test runs, or similar short duration field assignments.
- Periodically perform regional FOS assignments on Field Service Reserve basis.
- Mentor FOS Advisors to enhance their technology specific skills and understanding.
- Keep current with customer needs for the technologies supported. Communicate changes and provide timely and relevant feedback to the client.
- Prepare and update general operating manuals, process technology manuals, and training materials and present UOP technology training courses.
Work with the Technology Specialists to maintain tools, guidelines, documentation and checklists within assigned area and ensure that these are efficient
25 Perform laboratory testing
25 Adjust and calibrate instruments
25 Research new methods
25 Design experiments
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering preferred
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering preferred
- Demonstrable experience in a technical service, engineering, process operations or detail engineering role within the gas processing or refining/petrochemical industry.
- Ability to travel up to 25% annually to both domestic and international sites. Much of this travel can be scheduled and planned in advance.
- Ability to conduct physical inspections requiring climbing up, crawling through & walking on pressure vessels, distillation columns, tanks, and piping is required.
- Additional Candidate Requirements:
- Ideally 3 plus years of UOP Technical Service, UOP Field Operating Services, UOP Engineering, UOP Modular/Process Plants or equivalent industry process operations, technical service or design experience is ideal.
- Operational knowledge of one or more of the UOP technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Solid comprehensive problem solving skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Effective presentation skills.
- MS Office computer skills (Access, Aspen or Unisim a plus).
Exempt Honeywell Educators @ Space Academy
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD31295
- Category: Engineering
- Location: UOA Corporate Tower, Avenue 10, The Vertical,, Bangsar South City, No. 8, Jalan Kerinchi, Kuala Lumpur, WP 59200 MYS
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.