Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
An excellent career opportunity is currently available for a Customer Service Specialist. Working closely with Finance, Legal, Tax, Sales, Credit, Honeywell Corporate Treasury, Procurement, and Project Management the Customer Service Specialist will be responsible for creating sales orders , financial project models, billing milestones and invoices for all of the UOP's Strategic Business Enterprises (SBE) .
This position requires an in-depth understanding of how UOP delivers its products and services to the customer and will collaborate directly with customers to efficiently organize and process purchase orders, agreements, financial instruments, and associated government documents. This position works globally with regional offices, legal entities and multiple product lines, ranging from simple product orders to complex integrated equipment projects and is critical to accurate forecasting of financials, accurate resource planning and timely collection of receivables.
· Establish, develop, and maintain effective working relationships with UOP's customers.
· Create and maintain projects in Business Forecaster, UOP's forecasting module in SAP.
· Direct the Master Data Group to create new SAP customer numbers and advise them of any customer master data changes.
· Review withholding tax rates with the Honeywell Tax Department for accuracy and communicate updates as well as obtain tax exemption certificates from customers as required.
· Direct Sales on the completion of the Sales Order Form.
· Upon receipt of fully executed, effective agreement and/or purchase orders, convert Business Forecaster projects to operative SAP projects. Create SAP sales orders and project system networks and billing milestones. Create SAP sales orders based on knowledge of UOP contracts, quotes, customer purchase orders, letters of credit and other negotiable documents.
· Coordinate with project management regarding creation and planning of SAP networks, and regarding SAP billing milestone confirmation for prompt invoicing to customers.
· Track deliverables. Communicate directly with the customer regarding deliverables, sales and withholding tax and issuance of PO's.
· Initiate the origination of Stand-By Letters of Credit by coordinating acceptable templates between the customer and Honeywell Treasury.
· Create financial model in SAP based on Sales Order Form and contractual terms.
· Monitor receipt of Advance Payments and make appropriate sales order entries when monies are received.
· Work with Honeywell Credit Dept. to resolve credit hold issues.
· Coordinate with Credit & Collections on outstanding invoices. Attend customer meetings with regards to invoice payment process and collection to minimize days outstanding as well as directly with the customer on issues affecting payment.
· Learn customer billing systems such as Ariba and enter required information directly into a customer's payment system in order for UOP to promptly receive payments.
· Logistics interface – Coordinate with project execution staff, procurement personnel, logistics and compliance experts.
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills in a complex business structure.
· Ability to work well under pressure, have the self-confidence and sensitivity to address difficult customer problems.
· Ability to manage numerous competing priorities.
· Knowledge of financial negotiable documents i.e. Letters of Credit, Stand-by Letters of Credit.
· Understanding of financial accounting basics: GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles).
· SAP or equivalent system-wide application experience, preferably with knowledge of the Sales & Distribution, Project Systems and FICO modules. Microsoft Office Suite knowledge.
· Excellent communication skills both internally and externally across time zones and with customers.
· Strong negotiating skills.
· Ability to develop strong partnerships and work well in a team environment.
· Excellent time management, organization and prioritization skills with a proven record of meeting deadlines.
· Six Sigma training and/or certification preferred.
· A limited amount of travel may be required to customer sites and UOP worldwide offices.
25 Processing Returns
25 Customer Invoicing
25 Deliver Forecast Reports
25 Order Processing
Nonexempt Honeywell Educators @ Space Academy
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.