Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. This highly visible role will provide you with an opportunity to showcase your technical background and experience. An Engineer, in a Systems Engineering capacity, is required to support New Product Introduction and/or Legacy weapon programs. The existing programs require engineering oversight leading work across component PRTs as well as across organization lines to understand, define and apply engineering systems rigor, manage technical priorities, drive efficiencies and continuous improvements, and strategically leverage the evolving integrated systems engineering and engineering business management models to advocate customer requirements and expectations. This resource will be direct funded by NPI or Stockpile Systems and requires a well-established history of technical / complex project leadership, cross-functional teaming management and direct customer interface history.
Summary of Duties:
· This individual will be leading one or more hardware based product realization teams
· Supports or leads one or more complex projects, initiatives or programs on behalf of D/860 Systems Engineering.
· May support strategic planning for and plans for significant technical projects or more than one project of significant scope and complexity that significantly impact the business.
· Advises and consults as technical support to other technical and administrative personnel to drive and implement short and long-term projects.
· May estimate manpower requirements and schedules work to meet completion dates and technical requirements.
· Supports comprehensive proposals and cost estimates, evaluates progress and results, and recommends and directs the implementation of major revisions in approaches and objectives; may set, modify and/or negotiate schedule changes and dates.
· Influences or coordinates the work of a significant project, program, product or component for a section or department of functional division with responsibility for project objectives, completion dates, and technical specifications.
· Recommends and directs the implementation of significant revisions in approaches and objectives.
· May negotiate complex states of work, schedules, budgets, and anticipates and resolves issues regarding customer relationships.
· Suggests initiatives to resolve critical processes and technological-related issues.
· Stays current with relevant emerging technology and business trends.
· Uses business knowledge to evaluate and prioritize business opportunities base.
20 Plan and execute project subtasks
20 Ensure project and product compliance
20 Consult with vendors and suppliers
20 Identify and propose technical improvements
20 Suggest enhancements to advance projects
You Must Have:
· U.S. citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept of Energy "Q"-level government security clearance.
· BS in Engineering (ChE, EE, IE, ME, Materials, Systems) from ABET accredited institution or BS Physics.
· Two (2) years of applied experience in Engineering or technical activities, including application of advanced engineering principles and technology related to complex technical assignments.
· MS in Engineering (Che, EE, IE, ME, Materials, Systems, Management) from an ABET accredited institution, or MS Physics.
· Two (2) or more cumulative years of Engineering experience in progressively complex assignments preferred.
· Minimum 2 years of experience executing project management in a Systems Engineering role preferred.
· Current or prior government contractor experience.
· History of applied comprehensive functional and cross-functional analysis, project development/planning, negotiation and execution.
· Six Sigma Green Belt, Six Sigma BlackBelt or Lean Certification.
Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.