Sr. Director - Nuclear Weapons Programs
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Reporting to the President, this position manages the strategic growth anticipated for the Directed Stockpile (Portion of the FM&T Enterprise across both the US and UK). Responsible for directing all programmatic aspects of the Direct Stockpile Business. Develops/Manages customer relationships, understands markets and customer requirements within responsibility, Aligns internal and external resources and activities in the business to address the program and mission growth that is added by the customer to support the strategic stockpile and other national or global interests. Responsible for providing the vision and execution of business processes which impact all customer interactions, business strategies, ability to match customer demand growth, and external communications for the organization.
Summary of Duties:
- Drives the vision and strategic marketing including interacting with Honeywell International to bring best practices to business strategy development and manage the execution of those business strategies within the Directed Stockpile business segment.
- Lead Defense Program and Surveillance activities including creating the business processes and infrastructure required to sustain growth the organization has been challenged with and to ensure integration with all other business processes and functions.
- Leads significant strategic initiatives that influence customer perceptions and the future of Directed Stockpile business segment.
- Directs weapons enterprise integration through specific projects and interactions with other Nuclear Weapons sites to further the interests and effectiveness of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA).
- Responsible for the programmatic execution of all Weapon Program activities.
- Responsible for providing the response to customer driven strategic growth for the Directed Stockpile business segment, marketing capabilities and identifying targeted audiences and customer profiles. Establishes strategic vision and leads business across functional boundaries.
- Responsible for leadership, direction, talent acquisition, development and retention of the Directed Stockpile team across customers and accounts. Accountable for the execution of MRR plans, goals and objectives for the team.
- Understands FM&T capabilities to create the value story for customers.
- Accountable for ensuring achievement of Directed Stockpile deliveries and achieving the highest PEMP scores in the enterprise. Assigns meaningful and challenging targets to ensure business objectives are met, tracks progress against targets, and ensures corrective action is executed to mitigate risks. Works across Business and Functions to ensure customer commitments are met. Ensures business / functional / sales alignment.
Determines implications of customer needs and business strategy on business segment strategy.
20 Direct responsibility for customer satisfaction, Honeywell performance, growth and profitability
20 Establish executive business relationships
20 Drive growth
20 Program Management
20 Execute long-term business strategy
YOU MUST HAVE
- BS degree in engineering, marketing, business management or scientific field
- Minimum of 10 years progressive experience in aerospace/defense business sales, technical, marketing, Business Development, program management or other related area.
- Demonstrated experience in leading large growth opportunities (>$10M) and closing deals.
- U.S. Citizenship to obtain and maintain Department of Energy Q Level Security Clearance
- Advanced degree/MBA preferred
- Defense marketing/sales experience preferred, knowledge of NNSA/DOE and government rules and regulations with regard to sales preferred
- Financial acumen and business strategy expertise to make and/or recommend large scale business direction decisions
- Entrepreneurial spirit while having ability to work through existing matrixed environment; demonstrated strength in influencing skills both internally to Honeywell, and amongst industry leaders, high level Military customers and Capitol Hill
- Working knowledge of business and financial fundamentals (Profit & Loss, Investment Analysis, Green Sheet)
- Six Sigma Greenbelt or Black belt certified
- Direct supervision experience
- Ability to interact tactfully with all levels of management and customers and to work with stakeholders and team members at all levels of the business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent presentation skills
- Self-starter; driven to achieve goals and objectives, proven relationships with customers
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Some Travel Required
- Relocation Provided
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req137255
- Category: Business Management
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.