Senior Project Manager
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
Leads moderately complex DMSMS/Trusted Project(s), and/or strategic business process development/execution. Acts as primary program manager for one or more specific DMSMS/Trusted reimbursable products/services. Represents Program Management function for assigned program elements to internal and external stakeholders. Leads moderately complex proposal efforts.
* Summary of Duties: *
- Evaluates, determines and drives engineering project management activities to manage one or more moderate moderately complex DMSMS/Trusted program elements.
- Develops cost, scope, and schedule framework for DMSMS/Trusted projects and program elements; manages and intervenes as necessary to ensure delivery to cost, scope, and schedule agreements.
- Provides project/program management support and guidance to the financial planning, monitoring, scheduling, and preparation and release of technical/schedule information required for program/project planning.
- Leads multiple aspects of moderately complex financial planning, monitoring, reporting, scheduling, and communication required for program/project planning and control.
- Defines and establishes DMSMS production/project definitions, maintenance of directive schedules, and engineering releases associated with weapon, ES&H, operational surety, environmental restoration, and technology transfer projects/programs.
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment.
- Takes actions necessary to "stop" work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
- Interface with customers to understand project needs and confirm on project status.
- Works independently on complex financials and completes financials analysis for recommendations on complex projects.Able to question authority on data to confirm financials are correct.
- Interacts with contracts group to complete and approve customer contracts.
Ability to travel up to 20%
30 Implement and monitor project schedules and financials
30 Ensure project contracts are aligned with scope of work
10 Maintain project history and track issues to resolution
10 Assemble project closeout documents and warranties
20 Timely and effective customer communications
* YOU MUST HAVE: *
- 5 years minimum experience in program management, engineering, manufacturing, or activities managing projects and/or programs.
- U.S. Citizenship (in order to obtain and maintain security clearance).
- Bachelor's Degree (or 5 years program management experience) in Engineering, Scientific, or Business-related field with applied technical experience and expertise necessary for weapons and related program management assignments.
* WE VALUE: *
- Excellent knowledge of MS office, especially Microsoft Excel to build and maintain spreadsheets for tracking of customer priorities
- Project Management experience assessing risks and internal controls by identifying areas of non-compliance; evaluating manual and automated financial processes; identifying process inefficiencies, operational issues and facilitating leading corrective action.
- Microelectronics planning experience with a technical acumen of microelectronics
- Highly effective organizational, interpersonal, communication, and group leadership skills are required.
- Effective, proven ability in decision making, problem solving, and influencing others.
- Ability to reliably operate in a complex and changing environment demonstrating solid independent judgment.
- Established knowledge of customers, products, technologies and processes.
- Proven outstanding communication, interactive, presentation, negotiation, and liaison skills.
- Military background a plus
- Master’s Degree a plus
- PMI certification a plus
- VBL/SQL and dashboard creation and management experience a plus
- SCI clearance a plus
- Ability to interpret, negotiate, capture and manage customer requirements and expectations.
Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: req149302
- Category: Business Management
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.