IT Project Manager
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Develops, coordinates and leads the implementation of IT initiatives and technical improvement efforts. Leads IT projects which includes coordinating activities, personnel and budget. Responsibilities are for one or more IT projects with varying complexity.
Summary of Duties:
- Follows defined IT project management processes, standards, and procedures. Provides process feedback supporting
- potential improvement opportunities
- Leads project through the conceptual, requirements gathering, design, development, and implementation phases
- Develops, writes, and communicates “Statement of Work” (SOWs) with purchasing and suppliers
- Responsible for one or more IT projects
- Develops and maintains all IT project-related documentation
- Develops and communicates IT project plan, schedules, cost and progress
- Determines staffing requirements /employee discipline(s) and forms IT project team(s)
- Provides continuing work direction and leadership to assigned team including, scheduling, assignment of work, and review of project work
- Identifies and takes action to mitigate potential risks and issues and makes recommendations to management when escalation is required
- Utilizes process improvement techniques such as six sigma tools and SEI-CMM processes
- Assesses variances from the plan and develops and implements changes as necessary to ensure project meets time, cost and quality objectives
- Develops and maintains a productive working relationship with project sponsors, customers, vendors and other key stakeholders
- Works closely with customers and business analyst to assure expectations are being met throughout the project lifecycle. Assure customer accepts and is satisfied with final product
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established ES&H requirements to ensure the protection of associates, the public, and the environment
Takes actions necessary to "stop" work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every associate has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified
20 Oversee and run project activities
20 Monitor project progress
20 Documentation and reporting
20 Project communication plans
20 Lead continuous improvements
You Must Have :
- U.S. Citizenship in order to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” level clearance
- Bachelor’s degree Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business Data Processing, Engineering, or Physical Science along with a minimum of four years IT experience
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in project management and managing teams
We Value :
- PMP Certification desired
- Prefer 3 years of experience in computing systems deployment, IT project management, or computer related technical activities.
- Advanced application of project management practices, principles, and tools, including prior experience in managing IT projects through delivery
- Proven ability to manage teams within a matrix environment.
- Highly effective/demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, analytical, organizational, and communication skills (both oral and written)
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req148210
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.