Starting Wage - $32.14
At Honeywell, our people are driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage. Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macrotrends such as energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity. With approximately 132,000 employees worldwide, including more than 22,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on performance, quality, delivery, value and technology in everything we make and do.
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manufactures sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, where we research, develop and deploy some of the most advanced design and manufacturing technologies in use in the United States today. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security.
Summary of Duties:
- Provide machining, and product life-cycle support in a classified environment.
- Machine parts and applications for a wide variety of materials and sizes using blueprint drawings, CAD models, and pre-written CNC programs on CNC and manual lathes, mills and other equipment.
- To be successful in this role, one should be skilled in CNC machine program comprehension and CNC machine operation, strive to implement continuous improvements and other Honeywell Operating System initiatives and assumes a variety of shop roles when needed.
- Provide machining support for the fabrication of components which range in size from miniature to very large and include common materials as well as materials with hazardous characteristics.
- Work from complex drawings, prototype sketches, electronic files and/or verbal instructions to facilitate the manufacturing of parts and assemblies by setting up, and operating manual and CNC mills and lathes, EDM and a variety of general machine shop equipment.
- Responsible for production of high precision parts and performing complex setups required to produce the parts; ability to help troubleshoot issues with equipment and product including rework.
- Uses hand and power tools such as saws, sanders, arbor presses, lathes, mills, grinders, and uses necessary precision measuring instruments, fixtures and gages.
- Recognizing tool wear and replacing or changing worn tools.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment.
- Takes actions necessary to "stop" work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
- Responsible for complying with applicable provisions of Article 19. Environment, Safety, Health and Good Housekeeping of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
You Must Have:
- US citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept of Energy "Q" level security clearance.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Machine Tool Technology or Mill and Lathe certificate from an accredited College with a completion date on or before August 2019 or 2 years’ experience machining complex parts and assemblies or applicable military experience.
- 3+ years experience in a manufacturing or military environment with demonstrated ability to work and excel in a team environment.
- Experience in the use of various measuring instruments to include micrometers, bore gauges, calipers, comparators, or other instruments
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited guidance.
- Demonstratedwritten and oral communication skills.Experience usingMicrosoft office applications, including: MS Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- 5-axis machining programming and operation experience
- Previous experience running lathes, mills, grinders, drills and other machining equipment
- Experience, setting-up and operating CNC machinery in a production environment
- Experience reading and interpreting drawings (GD&T), schematics, specifications and CAD files and translating into Mastercam programming (or equivalent software) and setup for CNC machinery
- Job ID: req134148
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: 14510 Botts Rd, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.