Engineering Technical Specialist - Production Security Verification
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Provides technical support for all production security related activities. The Production Security Technician, in conjunction with design agency, quality, and engineering personnel, verifies the security of products and materials for use. As many production security related activities are designed to protect against Insider Threat, unescorted access to the KCNSC factory is not allowed for these positions. Additionally, promotion or lateral movement to positions that require unescorted access to the KCNSC factory is not allowed.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Works with Engineering to establish test techniques for new product during development and to resolve product or equipment problems, and may install, characterize and/or design equipment.
- Plans, sets up, and operates all equipment/testers necessary to the performance of the task.
- Performs electrical and mechanical processing operations including (but not limited to) storage, receipt, dispersal and control of material, preparation, verification, testing of components and products, packaging and shipping.
- Employee will perform work based on work directions, engineering drawings, schematics, wiring diagrams, sketches, and other written and verbal instructions.
- Completes the necessary paperwork, records data on products and tests, completes manufacturing steps within KCNSC Manufacturing systems, and documents that work has been completed.
- Performs visual, mechanical, and electrical verification of own work and the work of others.
- Performs all security tasks as needed and may be required to travel and hand carry material to other locations.
- Initiates security related non-conformance issues or deviations from product definition and works with both DA and PA PSV team members to document and execute appropriate disposition of concerns.
- Supports activities identified by Engineering to maintain equipment in a reliable efficient manner.
- Improves and refines existing fixtures, devices, methods, process steps or procedures, implementing changes as necessary. Uses equipment, techniques and tools needed for task completion.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- May perform other duties as required.
Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to “stop” work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
25 Process Support and Improvement
25 Troubleshooting systems and product
25 Scheduling, Review, Update and Processing Documentation
25 Strategy support
YOU MUST HAVE
- US citizenship in order to obtain/maintain US Dept of Energy “Q” security clearance with Special Compartmented information (SCI). Applicant selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified matter.
- Two year technical degree or formal training or four years of technical experience in lieu of degree
- Two (2) years or more of directly applied technical experience.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing or high tech environment.
- Experience in engineering related administrative activities such as configuration management, product testing procedures & data entry preferred.
- Proven ability in decision making and organization, planning and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, with latitude for independent action and decision-making.
- Good interactive communication skills.
- Ability to plan and organize, demonstrate excellent time management and support of several projects at once.
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Nonexempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Relocation Provided
- Some Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req133751
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.