Electronics Test Inspector (Any Shift)
Starting Wage - $32.14
At Honeywell, our people are driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage. Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macrotrends such as energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity. With approximately 132,000 employees worldwide, including more than 22,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on performance, quality, delivery, value and technology in everything we make and do.
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manufactures sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell manages theU. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, wherewe research, develop and deploy some of the most advanced design and manufacturing technologies in use in the United States today. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security.
Summary of Duties:
- Inspection, evaluation and evaluational troubleshooting functions on electronic, electrical and electromechanical units and systems. Typical items shall include but are not limited to, fusing systems, radar systems, timer systems, telemetry assemblies, x-units and various types of interconnecting devices and battery packs.
- Set-ups necessary in the completion of the task. Methods and procedures for inspection operations are not always predetermined.
- Tests using any electrical, electronic, mechanical and environmental test equipment, including leak detectors, which may be highly technical and require special hook-ups to determine performance not attainable with standard prescribed tests.
- Necessary adjustments of product or test equipment (not voiding calibration) or unit being tested to determine acceptability or reasons for malfunctioning of the unit or equipment used. May be required to develop fixtures, devices or methods to be used in Receiving Inspection for acceptance inspection.
- Nonfunctional evaluations such as visual and mechanical inspection for correct assembly and dye penetrant inspection for surface flaws.
- Electronic troubleshooting, in-process test, and component selection operations on items and systems composed of electronic circuitry. Typical items and systems are radar receivers, telemetry assemblies and radar systems. Methods and procedures for test and troubleshooting functions are not always predetermined.
- Disassembly operations on the product for the purpose of troubleshooting diagnosis, and may be required to perform reassembly and test operations to the degree necessary to assure correction of the malfunction.
- Inspection of product for proper packaging prior to release from the department.
- In the performance of the duties set forth above, use may be made of various tools and equipment, such as test and troubleshooting equipment including open setup, soft soldering tools, environmental chambers, jigs and fixtures, gages and check fixtures, and hand tools necessary to the performance of the task.
- Must be capable of interpreting all types of specifications, equipment readings, indications, and results. Must be able to determine cause of failure, proper methods and equipment to be used in evaluating all types of material and parts in satisfying specification requirements. May be required to examine and evaluate test data (FM&T or vendor) of product being inspected for purposes of acceptances or rejection. Results of tests may require interpretation and analysis.
- Works from prints, assembly drawings, written, visual or oral instructions and engineering specifications. Completes necessary paperwork and identification pursuant to the task. Responsible for proper handling of parts, including packaging and for proper care of equipment used. Job requires considerable knowledge and experience in electronics, high frequencies, radar theory and application. May perform in-process inspection. May check and top off lubricants as necessary. Responsible for complying with applicable provisions of Article 19. Health, Safety, and Environment of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Inspects products for conformance based on engineering specifications and requirements. Performs electronic troubleshooting and tuning of electronic assemblies.
You Must Have:
- US citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept of Energy "Q" level security clearance
- High School diploma
- 2+ years experience evaluating electronic assemblies for performance and or experience troubleshooting electronic circuitry or in lieu of experience, Two year vocational technical school program in electronics technology or military technical school in electronics
- Associates Degree in Electronic Engineering Technology
- Ability to work any shift
- Job ID: req135759
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: ., Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.