Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
This position will be a primary support position for the development and production of special application electrical cable assemblies.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
· Completes assignments and provides detailed instructions in the design and/or project management of new and current projects, products, programs, components, tools and acceptance equipment under technical guidance of higher level engineers or departmental management
· Participates in establishing operating procedures on new products and components
· Assists in the development of test procedures and performance of routine to moderately complex engineering evaluation tests, product and process capability studies, quality audits, product or project data reviews, and other engineering evaluation work
· Evaluates opportunities for defect prevention based on standard or accepted solutions
· Prepares evaluation reports, analyzes discrepancies, and makes recommendations for product, test equipment, procedures and manufacturing or operating processes that improve productivity and quality and reduce flowtime
· Assists in the preparation of product or project definitions, manufacturing drawings and specifications, and test equipment designs
· Defines and acquires tooling, gaging and other equipment necessary to manufacture parts and to assure product quality
· Interacts with design agencies, suppliers and/or internal organizations to assist in resolving design, development, productions and acceptance issues
· Provides technical assistance in appropriate assigned field
· Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding technological advances that improve productivity and quality, reduce flowtime, and enhance operational surety
· May perform other duties as required
· Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established ES&H requirements to ensure the protection of associates, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to stop work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every associate has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified
20 Technical documentation
20 Engineering assistance
20 Component and system analysis
20 Write specifications
20 Part definition and support
You Must Have:
· U.S citizenship required in order to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearance
· Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited engineering program in one of the following disciplines-- mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, chemical engineering, explosives engineering or physics.
· Two or more years of experience in engineering development and manufacturing, including readiness of new designs.
· Currently active Top Secret security clearance highly desired
· Mechanical engineering degree preferred
· Experience in flex cable manufacturing for Aerospace applications is desired.
· Experience with explosive initiation systems is highly desired.
· Effective verbal, written and presentation skills
· Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies including Six Sigma
· Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
· Experience in engineering related administrative activities such as configuration management, financial reporting, product testing procedures & data entry preferred
· Proven ability in decision making and organization, planning and problem solving skills
· Ability to work under minimal supervision, with latitude for independent action and decision making.
· Good people skills, ability to motivate teams to produce on-target and timely results.
· Demonstrate project/program management via multiple priorities/projects
· Ability to plan and organize, demonstrate excellent time management and support several projects at once
· Willingness to travel
Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.