Control Account Manager/Project Engineer
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The Control Account Manager (CAM) is a highly visible and critical role that leverages both technical engineering expertise and business project management competencies within the Test Engineering Business Unit. The CAM is the main point of contact lead for management of one or more engineering Emerging or Legacy product/project(s) with responsibility for overall control of project scope, schedule and cost.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Leads Test Engineering technical project team to develop, manage and report on detailed project attributes including technical requirements, cost, schedule, resources, and risk mitigation for multiple projects and in support of associated baselines including:
- Creates and manages Project Management Plans (Scope, Time, Cost, Risk Management, Stakeholder, Quality, Communication, HR, etc.) for various Engineering Projects.
- Negotiates and commits project scope of work schedule.
- Negotiates with Stakeholders, externals customers, and partners to establish Milestones/Deliverables.
- Conducts Internal & External Project Reviews; Interfaces and provides overviews to NNSA, DoD customers, and management.
- Monitors and controls projects in partnership with Engineering Project Team Leads, Systems Engineering, and Program Management including coordination and facilitation of activities and resources.
- Tracks and evaluates key performance metrics across multiple projects.
- Verifies & Validates Production Assessments.
- Escalates and works to remove obstacles for project success.
- Drives timely and cost effective execution of projects including close out of completed projects.
- Responsible for all administrative tasks, reporting, & reviews with a Test Engineering technology domain including:
- Manages forecasts within Project Management and Financial tools to improve accuracy and reliability in support of budget, resource and workforce planning.
- May utilize Earned Value Management (EVM) techniques and reports on progress including variance mitigation.
- Provides out years estimates, forecasts, and assumptions.
- Negotiates and commits budget for project.
Creates "What If" scenarios, generates and gains approvals on change requests, and authorizes & monitors work against control accounts.
50 Plan project subtasks
20 Presentations to leadership and customers
30 Follow methodologies for new or existing concepts
YOU MUST HAVE
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Industrial) or directly-related technical field (e.g., Physics) from an ABET-accredited institution.
- US Citizenship to obtain and maintain Department of Energy Q Level security clearance.
- Minimum of 2 years of project management experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in managing high value projects with a proven track record of delivering products on time and within budget.
- MBA preferred
- Earned Value Management (EVM) experience
- Engineering work experience
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
- Strong Excel skills at the intermediate level
- Experience presenting to internal and external customers
- Experience managing multiple projects
- P6 (Prima Vera) experience or MS Project experience
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Some Travel Required
- Relocation Provided
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req133925
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.