At Honeywell, our people are driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage. Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macrotrends such as energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity. With approximately 132,000 employees worldwide, including more than 22,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on performance, quality, delivery, value and technology in everything we make and do.
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manufactures sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, where we research, develop and deploy some of the most advanced design and manufacturing technologies in use in the United States today. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security.
Summary of Duties:
• Plans, assembles, and fits piece parts and sub-assemblies to fabricate complex, precision assemblies.
• To be successful in this role, one should have a high degree of precision, skill, dexterity, versatility, and ingenuity as well as judgment and self discipline and strive to implement continuous improvements and other Honeywell Operating System initiatives and assumes a variety of shop roles when needed.
• Plans, sets up, and operates all equipment, including joining equipment, necessary to the performance of the task.
• Uses all types of electrical, electronic, and mechanical test equipment and measuring devices pursuant to the task.
• Performs adjustments, alterations, and modifications to product.
• Times and finely tunes all electrical and mechanical components necessary to meet design specifications and requirements.
• May be required to rework, repair, or replace sub-assemblies and piece parts.
• May be required to determine methods and procedures and to develop techniques on requested projects and special order design.
• Works from prints, schematics, sketches, specifications, and written or oral instructions.
• Diagnoses and makes post mortem analyses, troubleshoots, and interprets sub-assemblies and final assemblies to determine failures, or potential failure, causes and malfunctions.
• Experience in clean room or clean work station practices and disciplines or a thorough working knowledge of contamination control and its restrictions is a requisite.
• Work requires experience in sequencing, logic, switching functions, and relative motions and interferences of electrical and mechanical components as recognized in the instrument or watchmaking field.
• May require long periods of concentration and manipulative dexterity.
• Must be familiar with and be able to apply electrical or electronic circuitry techniques.
• Will be able to verify all work and be responsible for producing functional and operational product, conforming to design specifications.
• Work assignments may be experimental or prototype, involving extensive development and requiring comprehension and individual judgment.
• Performs all necessary paperwork, records, identifying and in-process operations pursuant to the task.
• May perform in-process inspection. May check and top off lubricants as necessary.
• Responsible for complying with applicable provisions of Article 19. Environment, Safety, Health and Good Housekeeping of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
You Must Have:
• US citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept of Energy "Q" level security clearance.
• High school diploma or GED
• 2 years’ experience in a production department assembling or inspecting complex parts and assemblies or technical education or applicable military experience.
• 3+ years experience in a manufacturing or military environment with demonstrated ability to work and excel in a team environment.
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills. Experience using Microsoft office applications, including: MS Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Demonstrated ability to work with limited guidance.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.