Senior Factory Test Engineer – Software
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The successful candidate will join the Honeywell SATCOM organization as a Senior Software Test Engineer. In this role, the primary responsibility will be to support various phases Software development for our SATCOM products from requirements to design to factory/production test implementation and support.
- Factory Test Software Planning & Execution
- Factory Test Software Requirements Analysis and Management
- Factory Test Setup design and Automation
- Factory Test Software Readiness and associated Design Reviews
- Accountable for development and maintenance of Factory Test Documentation
- Supplier Management / Subcontract Management
- Factory Test Data Review, Root Cause and Corrective Action of failures
- Travel up to 10% of time, typically much less than 10%
The Honeywell building is a controlled goods program environment. Candidates must be eligible for CGP clearance.
35 Documentation (Plans, Procedures, Coding, Reports)
30 Test setup design support/verification
25 Test execution
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Electronics, Systems Engineering or Computer Science / IT OR in lieu of a degree, 12+ years of Software engineering experience
- 6+ years of Software test engineering experience with emphasis on software for automated measurements and testing
- Work with other hardware, software and systems engineers developing and integrating software solutions for functional and environmental tests of Honeywell avionics
- Responsible for various phases of software test development including test requirements definition, test hardware /software integration, generating engineering documentation, and planning and tracking of test tasks
- Experience with products for automated measurements from both hardware as well as software areas (LabWindows/CVI and/or LabView, TestStand)
- Understand electrical concepts, reading schematics, Digital / Analog trouble-shooting
- Experience with ATE (Automatic Test Equipment) - design, development, maintenance
- Experience with virtual instrumentation
- Excellent communication skills
- OS Windows administration
- Intermediate level of coding expertise with Computer Networking (TCP/IP) Test Equipment – Packet/Bit Error Rate Testers, Routers, Switches, Network Bandwidth Monitor
- Algorithmization knowledge/one programing or scripting language
- Significant Individual responsibility providing technical mentoring and guidance to junior test engineers and technicians
- Writing Factory/Production test plans, test specifications test procedures, executing tests, and writing test reports
- Familiar with Radio Communications
- Hands on experience with RF Test Equipment - spectrum analyzers, Network analyzers, power meters and Noise figure analyzers
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities under the Ontario Human Rights Code
Exempt Honeywell Aerospace Overview
- Some Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req137006
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 400 Maple Grove Road, Kanata, ON K2V 1B8 CAN
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.