Sr. Facility Supervisor
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the Homes and Global Distribution team at Honeywell! Homes and Global Distribution is a leader in the home heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) controls and security markets, and a leading global distributor of security and fire protection products. In 2018, Honeywell will be spinning off the Homes and Global Distribution business into a stand-alone, publicly traded company. Being a stand-alone company will provide the business the independence, focus, direct financial resources, and flexibility required to adapt quickly to market and customer dynamics, and we want you to be part of its evolution.
The role of an Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) Sr. Facilities Supervisor is to be a leader for a group of maintenance personnel who maintain and improve building infrastructure and production equipment at the Golden Valley site.The Sr. Facilities Supervisor is expected to drive effective performance of the team, while ensuring all resources are utilized with high efficiency while overseeing facilities, maintenance of approximately twenty five hourly employees.
- Promote effective Health, Safety, and Environmental programs and practices
- Adherence to site wide SQDCI metrics
- Review metrics daily, participate in daily communication meetings, and respond as required to abnormalities
- Responsible for headcount assignment
- Promote vision, direction, and leadership for the development and implementation of process improvements and lean initiatives through the use of Lean/Six Sigma tools and the Honeywell Operating System (HOS)
- Drive Honeywell Operating System (HOS) sustainability at the factory level by implementing Lean/Six Sigma tools and techniques to factory processes and procedures, leading to more streamline and reliable production process and procedures to drive improvements in areas such as cost, quality, and safety
- Develop and maintain a preventative maintenance program to minimize production downtime
- Interact with and coordinate suppliers as required to support the business, for both project-based and contracted services (such as custodial services, security, snow removal, lawn care, roof/parking maintenance)
- Take the lead for facility and equipment related issues and downtime resolution
- Achieve facility and service needs of the operation within budget parameters. Identify, recommend, and implement cost, service, and/or quality improvement opportunities
- Develops and implements energy conservation programs and drive initiatives
- Facilitate the implementation of processes that enable stable, predictable work flow
- Coach TIER 1 meeting participants and lead TIER 2 meetings while driving accountability to expectations
- Communicate performance and action plans at daily Tier 3 meetings
- Conduct Supervisor Investigation Reports to drive root cause and implement effective corrective actions to prevent future incidents
- Drive the implementation and use of Standardized Work at all levels
- Conduct audits of processes (TIER meetings, 5S, Continuous Improvement, Rapid Problem Solving, Work planning, etc.) to ensure adherence to standard work and improve effectiveness.
- Implement processes that enable a visually managed work environment
- Ensure facilities compliance to Health Safety and Environment (HSE) Management System including Dell Risk Assessment and Behavior Operation Process
- Participate in development of a Facility Management System that complies with all standards and meets the needs of the Honeywell Minneapolis wide teams
- Drive a continuous improvement culture by instilling a Plan, Do, Check, Act methodology
- Implement Honeywell Operation System behaviors, systems, and processes to continually improve competitiveness
- Ensure that best practices are shared throughout the site
- Conduct and implement Total Productive Maintenance assessments to ensure adherence and identify opportunities for improvements while reducing maintenance costs and business interruptions
Performs all other duties as assigned
20 Promote effective Health, Safety, and Environmental programs and practices
20 Promote vision, direction, and leadership for the development and implementation of process improv
20 Drive Honeywell Operating System
20 Develop and maintain a preventative maintenance program
20 Interact with and coordinate suppliers
* MUST HAVE: *
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent of 10 years of experience in a building, production, equipment maintenance or manufacturing environment
- 4 + years of experience years of experience in a supervisory/management position
- 4 + years’ experience using continuous improvement methodologies such as HOS, Lean Manufacturing, TPM, design for flow, 5S
- Green Belt certified
- Bachelor’s degree
- Advanced experience using Excel, Word and other basic computer skills, email, Microsoft Office product
- Good written and verbal communication skills and Microsoft office tools.
- Experience training teams on operational concepts
- Champion for safety in the work place
- Sound knowledge and experience with basic facility systems such as, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, millwright, mechanical
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations, environmental health and safety guidelines, and local building and fire codes
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks and exhibit sound judgment and decision-making skills
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD31258
- Category: Facilities
- Location: 1985 Douglas Drive North, Golden Valley, MN 55422 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.