Requisition Support Specialist
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Provide technical and process support to the BSC Requisition Team and the field technicians in selecting, ordering, expediting and delivering materials, equipment, parts and subcontracts with the goal of providing timely service and a 5 Star customer experience.
- Provide technical support to the BSC Requisition Team and field technicians in selecting the correct equipment for the application, locating replacements for obsolete products and sourcing spare parts.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to the BSC team to ensure they select the correct parts to fulfill field technician requests.
- Aid in the specification and pricing of HVAC, Security, Automation, and Fire Alar components/products/equipment as required.
- Provide technical literature and/or solutions for obsolete or older mechanical, automation, security and fire alarm systems.
- Expedite the delivery of equipment, materials and parts to help our field technicians reduce the time it takes to resolve a customer’s problem. When appropriate propose alternative solutions to reduce down-time.
- Prioritize the use of Strategic Suppliers to reduce costs.Work with the BSC and the field techniciansto find the lowest cost option for items sourced from non-strategicsuppliers.
- Consider other costs (technician labor costs, subcontractor costs, shipping costs, etc.) whenselecting the best option.
- Controls cost and maximize productivity through the implementation of effective methods,standard processes and engagement of Supply Chain team.
- Assist techs with emergency PO requests, including creating requisitions, providing PO numbers, and expediting with Supply Management. Use PCard to place emergency orders for situations where the order value exceeds the field card holder limit. Identification of source of supply for equipment and materials that are not readily available.
Follow all health and safety policies and procedures. Ensure all purchases are in compliance withHoneywell policies. Allocate all PCard purchases to the appropriate cost center on a monthly basis.
20 Technical Support
20 Customer Experience
20 Cost Control & Productivity
20 Process Support
20 Health, Safety & Compliance
YOU MUST HAVE
- High School Diploma/GED.
- 4 years’ experience in the service business with client facing and field scheduling duties.
- 1 year experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- 1 year experience with Oracle, SAP or other ERP-level supply chain or procurement software.
- Minimum of 2 years’ procurement, sourcing or expediting experience.
- SAP Knowledge
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree
Nonexempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD22987
- Category: Business Management
- Location: 512 Virginia Dr, Fort Washington, PA 19034-3264 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.