Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
As part of the Product Development team, responsible for design, new products development, transition, implementation and ongoing support.
Applies engineering principles to new product development and analysis for solution of technical issues related to the design and manufacture of electronic products.
Responsible for product enhancement, cost reduction and ongoing production support of new products and for product improvements through value engineering and product customization efforts on electronic control products as embedded software developer.
This engineer applies state of the art knowledge of microprocessors and embedded SW design to assure high quality, low cost solutions.
Responsibilities include collaborating with hardware product design engineers and other software developers, work with marketing on definition of product and system requirements, and collaborate with operations teams to assure the voice of the customer is represented in new and improved designs, work with source on selection and development of suppliers
Basic Candidate Qualifications:
20 Develop software
20 Manage software applications
20 Creation of instructional technical manuscripts
20 Create reports
Basic Candidate Qualifications:
• BS degree in Computer Engineering or Electronic Engineering.
• At least 3 years of experience in embedded software development utilizing "C/C++" languages and product development.
• Experience with 8 and 16 bit microcontrollers is required.
• Experience developing embedded software with RTOS or multitask environments.
• Aware of software development processes a plus, as well as the tools associated to such processes (i.e. Subversion, Jira, Enterprise Architect, Contour, Crucible, etc)
• Solid background in electronic circuit analysis. Ability to read schematics and perform electrical measurements with lab equipment
• Experience working with custom hardware. Be able to use tools such as logic analyzer, oscilloscope, multimeter, etc.
• Experience in implementing/updating communication protocols such as RS-232, SPI, and I2C.
• Bilingual English/Spanish with good written and verbal communication skills.
• Experienced in the use of MS Office suite, MS Project, Visio and Adobe Acrobat.
• Abilities to excel in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment.
• Ability to travel as required (occasionally for extended periods)
• Organized with the ability to manage a diverse workload
• Capable to release required documentation
• Master degree in Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering or Embedded Systems related fields.
• ARM knowledge is desired.
• Experience with Atmel microprocessors and IAR Systems compilers. As well as ARM architecture.
• Experience with TI, Microchip, and other vendors for microcontrollers/microprocessors is useful as well.
• Strong multitasking capability
• Assembly knowledge
Exempt Honeywell Technology Solutions
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.