Sr. HS&E Specialist
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The HBT EMEA High Growth Region (HGR) Health, Safety and Environment Leader willprovide subject matter expertise that assists the business in managing the risks associated with all operational aspects of the business.
Reporting to the Director HSE EMEA & India, you will be required to deliver HSE Functional Excellenceacross EMEA HGR HSE working to the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) whilst minimising risks and to ensure long term sustainability of the HBT Operations.
Initial areas of focus will be linked to connected Buildings, Building Products Fire, and Building Products Security. You will assistant supervisors and managers to achieve cell performance along withdeveloping an HSE performance culture that will differentiate us from our competitors. You will also need to assist leadership in expand Honeywell’s reputation as a low risk provider.
Join an organization that demonstrates a proactive HSE Management System, combined with a continuous improvement environment. You will a key professional in the HSE function. You will drive key activities and HSE performance metrics for Field Operations. You will accomplish this by establishing strong working relationships with the employees.
50 Implement HSE standards
25 Best Practice sharing
25 Site compliance reviews
- Compliance to Honeywell corporate requirements and legislation.
- Represent HSE across EMEA HGR Field Operations, Small Sites & Manufacturing Facilities.
- Establish relationships and processes with EMEA HGR business managers to influence all employees to meet HSE goals and objectives.
- Elimination of workplace accidents, environmental incidents and ill health within their respective area of control.
- Work with the HBT HSE Team to identify actions required to maintain HSE Certification to OHSAS 18001:1999,AS4801:2001, ISO 18001.Assure compliance on all HSE Standards where applicable.
- Facilitate a change to EMEA HGR Field Operations culture toward a safe working environment by enhancing the knowledge, skills and attitudes of Honeywell employees and Sub-contractors.
- Advise management on HSE matters as they affect all aspects of EMEA HGR Field Operations and HSEMS in the EMEA region.
- Audit Honeywell managed facilities to ensure we are compliant to statutory and corporate requirements and working to approved risk management plans.
- Assist in making HSE a competitive differentiator for Honeywell in the marketplace.
- Co-ordinate with HBT Field Operations HSE Team for corporate compliance and event reporting.
- Conduct regular and ongoing HSE peer reviews of projects and service contracts across the EMEA region.
- Work to advance new programmes, processes and tools to continuously improve the efficiency and effectiveness of HSE practices.
- Ensure the integration of HSE practices and Management System Standards in the HOS Gold Enterprise initiative.
- Effective coach and role model
- Best Practice sharing
- EnsureRisk Management processesrisk assessments for safety and environmental are conducted for the region, with data uploaded to company databases for audit purposes.
- Support Implementation of HSE programmes and Corporate initiatives as outlined by
- Director HSE EMEA &India and to assist in the continued development and maintenance ofthe HSE Management System (HSEMS).
- To deliver HSE Specific compliance training and provide support on all HSE topics and toolbox talks
- Support operational management in their respective area of the business on HSE issues, providing suitable advice, assistance and training.
- To support the management and further development needs of the Company HSEMS and associated database systems that support it. In conjunction with operations management team, review on a regular basis the effectiveness of the Management system procedures and ensure their development to maximise effectiveness and reduce cost;
- To ensure that all accidents, dangerous occurrences, significant near-miss, incidents and cases of occupational ill health in their relevant area are fully investigated using root cause analysis techniques and advise on the necessary measures to avoid a similar occurrence; as appropriate
- To liaise with Company engineers, managers and contractors regarding the performance of plant and equipment, to ensure compliance with legal and company standards
- To monitor and report on HSE performance across the area under your control.
- To support, conduct in addition to monitor and promote follow up action from internal/external audits and incidents. Ensure all actions from Audits are tracked through to completion
- Support entry of HSE data into MST and HBT Safety performance on a monthly basis
- Support HSE incidents in the region – Incident investigation, publish reports, corrective actions, implementation plans for Regional HSE Manager
Qualifications/ Experience/ Knowledge
- Tertiary qualifications in Health, Safety, Environmental or Engineering or equivalent amount of working experience.
- Green belt certified or willing to become certified in first 12 months
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a full time HSE role with demonstrated HSE experience.
- A comprehensive knowledge of safety legislation and management systems
- Outstanding influencing and negotiation skills
- Demonstrable personal attributes to effectively communicate and influence all levels of employees and leadership
- Experienced in change management and continuous improvement projects
- Willing to travel regularly
Exempt Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
- Some Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD40947
- Category: Health, Safety & Environment
- Location: Petneházy u. 2-4, Budapest, PEST 1139 HUN
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.