HSE site coordinator
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Responsible for providing HSE support for Honeywell Elster Romania SRL, partnering with cross-functional facility teams and leaders. You will provide support to operational teams and conduct various safety-related activities to enable regulatory and company requirements. You will interact with employees and local leaders/ team leaders to coach safety-related behaviors. You will be a team member of the larger business Health, Safety, and Environmental function.
Integrate, monitor, and support Health, Safety, and Environmental programs to ensure compliance with the applicable guidelines, procedures, and regulations
Drive safety continuous improvement through the site location in support of Honeywell's Health, Safety, and Environmental Management Systems and Honeywell's Operating System related activities
Influence positive safety behaviors and demonstrate hazard recognition to improve the Health, Safety, and Environmental culture
- Develop and lead internal HSE activity on office site (in Romanian:SIPP)( risk assessment, training, occupational health, emergency response)
- Coordinate 2 external HSE contractors (in Romanian SEPP) (1 on each location).
- Point of contact for external agencies HSE and fire prevention.
- Regular reporting to local agencies and Honeywell
- The HSE Coordinator is the primary contact for employees and supervisors concerning safety-related matters
- Work closely with other HSE function in the building (Honeywell entity).
- Facilitates root cause analyses of significant injuries and incidents. Works with teams and leads/conducts investigations into incidents involving any violations and prepares appropriate written reports.
- Conducts internal safety, health and environmental audits to verify compliance levels.
- Evaluates site HSE management system, procedures and processes and implements changes to maximize effectiveness.
- Develops site specific safety, health, and environment policies/procedures and ensures that requirements are effectively integrated into standard operating procedures.
Performs ergonomic assessments and provides technical guidance to employees to minimize risks associated with material handling, repetitive motion and workstation design.
20 Develop and lead safety related training
20 Facilitate life critical procedures
20 Conduct root cause investigations
20 Encourage safety reporting
20 Integrate Health, Safety, and Environmental into Honeywell's Operating System
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's degree – 240h HSE training
- 2-5 years demonstrated progressive experience in health, safety and environmental disciplines.
- Knowledge of HSE Management system, familiar with HSE Regulations, Crisis & Emergency Response Management.
- Strong computer technical skills,
- Effective communicator,
- Comfortable dealing with conflict,
- Able to work independently and in a team environment,
- Ability & desire to implement change across multiple levels,
- Ability to influence and coach site leaders
- Strong bias for action and ability to lead, motivate and influence others to achieve HSE goals and objectives in diverse work environments.
- Thorough understanding of HSE regulatory requirements and professional best practices.
- Highly motivated, energetic, self-directed individual with good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Mature judgment and decision-making ability, with strategic and tactical HSE experience.
- Must have exceptional skills in building interpersonal relationships, including high degree of tact, diplomacy and ability to influence.
- Effectively interfaces with employees at all organizational levels. Excellent interpersonal skills (training/presentation, leadership coaching, facilitation, team collaboration, communication).
- Experience participating in audits and implementing HSE management systems.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD28428
- Category: Health, Safety & Environment
- Location: 3 George Constantinescu,, Upground building, 5th floor (entrance A) District 2, Bucharest, B 020339 ROU
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.